By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA Sale UP!!! Terrible PS3 sales!!

JSF said:
FishyJoe said:
JSF said:
FishyJoe said:
Still says in stock on their website.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10039674

"Cherry picking is used metaphorically to indicate the act of pointing at individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position."

I read that somewhere.

I don't see how, with the Walmart sale, PS3 sales data did not really change from last week. This site ought to investigate to make sure its data is accurate. That's all I'm saying.

LOL, you're the one that posted that article about California Walmart sales.

Let's make this clear.  I made the claim that the PS3 was selling out at SF Bay Area and LA/OC Walmart locations.  I know it is sold out in SF Bay Area because my friends have been going all over the place looking for some.  The article supports my LA/OC claim because, in the article, they make random sample calls to various SoCal Walmarts.  That's called statistical sampling.  NOW, to call that cherrypicking is to say this site's methodology is cherrypicking.

WHEREAS, in an attempt to refute my claims that the PS3 was selling out at various California hotspots, you reply to me saying it is still available online.  What the eff does that have anything to do with what's going on in these California locales?  You cherrypicked something out of left field to try to discredit my claim.

Do we understand each other? 

"The plural of anecdote is not data."

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
JSF said:
FishyJoe said:
JSF said:
FishyJoe said:

"Cherry picking is used metaphorically to indicate the act of pointing at individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position."

I read that somewhere.

I don't see how, with the Walmart sale, PS3 sales data did not really change from last week. This site ought to investigate to make sure its data is accurate. That's all I'm saying.

Let's make this clear.  I made the claim that the PS3 was selling out at SF Bay Area and LA/OC Walmart locations.  I know it is sold out in SF Bay Area because my friends have been going all over the place looking for some.  The article supports my LA/OC claim because, in the article, they make random sample calls to various SoCal Walmarts.  That's called statistical sampling.  NOW, to call that cherrypicking is to say this site's methodology is cherrypicking.

WHEREAS, in an attempt to refute my claims that the PS3 was selling out at various California hotspots, you reply to me saying it is still available online.  What the eff does that have anything to do with what's going on in these California locales?  You cherrypicked something out of left field to try to discredit my claim.

Do you understand that it's just as relevant as an article on one or two markets? That is, not at all?

WHEREAS both have nil value, his post is no more or less useful than yours. Resolved, getting on your high horse about people on the internet countering your crappy data with crappy data of their own is silly.

Xbox360 is selling more in "others" than in America... wtf is going on?

This was the week the x360 could have outsold the ps3 WW, and it blew it.

dtewi said:
JSF said:
FishyJoe said:
JSF said:
FishyJoe said:

I read that somewhere.

"The plural of anecdote is not data."

"Do not trust people with Kim Possible avatars"

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

Next week shall be interesting. Can PS3 claim #1 in NA thanks to MGS4 or will a flood of Wii's be released? Note that it's had two low weeks in a row now: http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=America&cons2=PS3&reg2=------&cons3=X360&reg3=------&start=39243&end=39607

Desroko said:
JSF said:
FishyJoe said:
JSF said:
FishyJoe said:

I read that somewhere.

Do you understand that it's just as relevant as an article on one or two markets? That is, not at all?

WHEREAS both have nil productive value, his post is no more or less  useful than yours.

Do you understand that I only made claims for one or two markets?

His post was tangential garbage that had no bearing on what I said.  You guys who defend him are just as clueless.

JSF said:
FishyJoe said:
JSF said:
FishyJoe said:

I read that somewhere.

Let's make this clear. I made the claim that the PS3 was selling out at SF Bay Area and LA/OC Walmart locations. I know it is sold out in SF Bay Area because my friends have been going all over the place looking for some. The article supports my LA/OC claim because, in the article, they make random sample calls to various SoCal Walmarts. That's called statistical sampling. NOW, to call that cherrypicking is to say this site's methodology is cherrypicking.

WHEREAS, in an attempt to refute my claims that the PS3 was selling out at various California hotspots, you reply to me saying it is still available online. What the eff does that have anything to do with what's going on in these California locales? You cherrypicked something out of left field to try to discredit my claim.

Where did I refute anything? I just said that you can still get the deal on their website.

All you are doing is presented a very limited data set anyways. IMO, the amount of data you are referencing is too small to draw any type of conclusion, at least on a national basis.

DMeisterJ said:
trestres said:
Great Wii numbers, I hope there were actually some units of Wii Fit available for sale.

So Wii > PS3 + 360 combined, and without Japanese data in yet. WW is assured.

Another victory for the Wii!

Wonder if you'll be able to say the same thing next week...

Either way, I wouldn't comment, because anyone who does is just setting themselves up for failure. It doesn't matter how many units MGS moves, lol, if Reggie ships more Wii's they will outsell it and I wouldn't be going all off about how the PS3 was gonna pwn the Wii when MGS4 comes out, tbh.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

JSF said:
Desroko said:
JSF said:
FishyJoe said:
JSF said:
FishyJoe said:

I read that somewhere.

WHEREAS both have nil productive value, his post is no more or less  useful than yours.

Do you understand that I only made claims for one or two markets?

His post was tangential garbage that had no bearing on what I said.  You guys who defend him are just as clueless.

And the high horse grows taller.