By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA Sale UP!!! Terrible PS3 sales!!

shams said:

I have an odd feeling you are all setting yourselves up for a rather large fall...

PS3 sales next week may be +100k on this week - but the week after that? +50k? And after that?

MGS4 is no GTA... I still think most MGS fans already own a PS3.

i disagree. MGS4 is exclusive which makes it more important and more of a deciding factor than GTA4 this generation. Also, MGS4 is getting tremendous reviews and is being bundled....we saw what a Motorstorm bundle did as far as ratio's went when we compared the software pack in. Id expect with Blu-rays current situation, GT, GTA, MGS...I think MGS4 is poised to have a pretty large impact on the sales.....its the best game BY FAR until the fall, and if Sony cares about marketshare and getting console sin homes, the bundle will last until 2009.....but then again, that makes too much sense so SOny probably wont do it.

I made a similar argument about Halo 3 based on Gears and other similar good games on the console......PLaystation wasnt known as a MGS console like the xbox was known as a halo platform.....i think you may be underestimating the connotation of MGS to Playstation.....im sure many people who own a PS3 bought it with MGS4 in mind....but A LOT of people havent bought a PS3 (as we see with lower than expected sales since its inception) so i think theres a decent ceiling for the hardware to rise to because of MGS4. 

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Hey I guess that means that my prediction that the Xbox360 sales will exceed PS3 sales from July until the end of the year (Average) might come true after all.

A 30-60k boost from a pricecut in North America is all thats required to do it now.

i dont understand your logic....are you talking WW or in NA? if NA, thats not  a bold prediction at all...if WW id say youre out of your mind. MGS4 has global appeal and is being bundled across the world on a simaltaneous release.....the PS3 will most likely outsell the 360 by 100k per week worldwide after this week for the rest of the summer if the bundle is replenished.  IMO. Your looking at, hopefully a consistant 20k in Japan for a while on average, a constant 40 or 50k in "others" and likely a good 40k in the states....again, depending on the bundle availability.

I'd say Sony is in a lot of trouble.. We're a year and a half into this generation, yet the sales of Lego Indiana Jones for the PS2 surpassed the PS3 version in America and Others. Maybe MGS4 will turn things around for the PS3.. but people were saying Haze would and it has not.

Wii outsold PS3 and Xbox 360 combined again.

^it will continue to outsell them combined for a while

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

At this point in time (I'm talking about WW): Wii = Clinton, X360 = Bush Sr, PS3 = Perot

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Around the Network

The xbox360 is still doing rather impressive :D milestone after milestone are taken.

the PS3 is known as the PES platform
and 360 as the HALO platform...

Playstation is known as the PES platform
and XBOX as the HALO platform...

The 360 and ps3 are so close at this point its easily within the margin of error. Its a statistical tie this week. Both HD consoles need to do better if they hope to compete with the wii, its as simple as that.

They ask for it, lazy acts, means lazy sales.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo