By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - JRPG's the Xbox 360 and why my PS3 needs shot

RPGJock said:
JGarret said:
"To everyone else that bought a PS3 for JRPGs, you only have yourselves to blame."

That´s the cold, hard truth.

But like I said before, if you told me that X360 would have triple the JRPGs than Sony last year, I would have called you a fool.  

I guess we know who is the fool now.

Have you been following the JRPG situation at all? I mean I could understand your view before the PS3 launched but its been readily apparent for sometime that the 360 was would be stomping the PS3 in JRPGs.

Around the Network

@ dark requiem, it is true, but we did not expect as this SE support

but the ps3 is getting rpgs i don't know what your problem is, just because the 360 is getting a few rpgs from square enix and they wont be exclusive to the ps3, its no biggie, you will still play them.

Ok there is SO which isn't definitely going to be released on the ps3 but it still could happen and there are plenty more.

Who knows what this will do to the 360 in Japan, but for 360 owners outside of Japan these games will sell. The Tales of Vesparia bundle in Japan this August is a smart move by Microsoft and hopefully many people will pick it up because the 360 is actually quite a good console.

"the 360 is actually quite a good console."

The Japanese refuse to believe it!

It is truly a weird situation with the 360 having many of these JRPGs. It seems counter-productive when it is likely that they would sell much better on the PS3 because of the Japanese sales. The only thing I can think of is that the development costs are much lower for the 360 and they figure they can still make money with less sales if they keep their costs down. Of course, if I was going to develop a JRPG now, I'd make it for the Wii, not the PS3 or 360.

I give this thread a 9.7.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Around the Network
Profcrab said:
It is truly a weird situation with the 360 having many of these JRPGs. It seems counter-productive when it is likely that they would sell much better on the PS3 because of the Japanese sales. The only thing I can think of is that the development costs are much lower for the 360 and they figure they can still make money with less sales if they keep their costs down. Of course, if I was going to develop a JRPG now, I'd make it for the Wii, not the PS3 or 360.

it does seem counter-productive when you only think that rpg's sell in Japan.

my ps3 is lucky it has mgs4 or it may have gone out the window

Profcrab said:

Kinda like 3rd parties making exclusive FPS games for ps3 don't you think?

@obieslut

LOL, mine would not exist without MGS4.

ToastyJaguar said:
Profcrab said:

it does seem counter-productive when you only think that rpg's sell in Japan.

That is their main area, they do sell a disproportionate amount there

I think MS feels if they get enough games the Japanese audience likes at a better price point than the PS3 the fans will have no choice but to cross over.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo