By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - JRPG's the Xbox 360 and why my PS3 needs shot

Welp, sure is a good thing that I did trade my Wii for an Xbox 360 recently(though the Wii is far superior).

A. The Last Remnant is getting an early release on the Xbox 360. How early, who is to say?

B. Eternal Sonata isn't coming to the PS3 in america. Just Japan.

C. Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon

D. Infinite Undiscovery

E. Star Ocean 4 is now coming to the 360....maybe before the PS3

I just don't know what to say. I paid top dollar for this black beast back when they were still expensive and I've had it packed up for months. Honestly. I have been pretty upset that this thing doesn't play JRPG's and apparently, I just had the wrong system.

We got WKS, Disgaea 3, and FFXIII/VXIII, but honestly I still haven't beat Disgaea 2 yet, and XIII is a year away!

Grr. I really can't stand the slow/slawness that is the PS3 and its JRPG support, that is WHY I BOUGHT IT! It's a freakin' sony system, that's why I bought a PS2. For FFX.

What I truely can't understand is why Persona 4 couldn't be a PS3 game. It woulda really made the deal, but no, it's PS2.

Alright, rant over, but know this, out of all the current gen consoles, so far, and looking in the future as well, before FFXIII, I have had WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better JRPG and SJRPG experiences much more often than I have had on my PS3, and people wonder why this thing is failing in Japan, and why American audiences are turned off?

Sony has a loyal enough fanbase, but the true hardcore sonyboys from the start bought their systems because of Square Enix support, and eventually for the JRPGs in America and Japan. If it wasn't for us there wouldn't be a freakin' playstation 2 or 3. Now we are shunned. It's time for Sony to stop spending its money on godaweful Killzone sequels and start making a freakin Legend of Dragoon game or something, cause I'm sick of this crap.

I own a 360 and I'm PO'd about this, I can only imagine myself a month back when I was a PSWii man, I woulda hung myself, after I did a lot of stuff to Sony HQ that I can't say on the internet, cause I'd be on a CIA watch list.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Completely agree, i am happy i held off the purchase.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

I am pretty pissed off too, and I am turning to the 360 for my jRPGs
However, I think it is quite clear that SO 4 is not 360 exclusive as they would have made it very clear if that was the case

Munkeh111 said:
I am pretty pissed off too, and I am turning to the 360 for my jRPGs
However, I think it is quite clear that SO 4 is not 360 exclusive as they would have made it very clear if that was the case

Yeah, that's probably true. I didn't really think about that to be honest, lol. It still makes me mad, but...no, it still makes me mad.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Not that much of a problem TBH , i'll just by an XBOX 360 as well if the JRPG support isn't adequet.

Around the Network

True, if SO4 was indeed exclusive, MS would have said so every 5 seconds :P

But Zen, you got rid of your Wii?;;;YOU?...a self proclaimed Nintendo fanboy?

MAKE PETITION FOR THE CANCELLATION OF KILLZONE 2!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Somebody might ask, "Why are you mad cause games aren't multiplat!? Fanboy, heh."

I'll tell you why. I spent 500 bucks for a console on the assumption that I NEEDED to spend 500 dollars to have the JRPG console of this gen(as Sony is known for being).

Recently, I've been lead to justify that purchase by a few games like Star Ocean.

It just PISSES me off when I see freakin' Square Enix giving exclusives to both consoles, cause man, I kinda got ripped off, in my mind.

Sure, it was my assumption's fault, but jeez man, WHY!?

I'm not blaming sony(OK yes I am. Sony, pay for exclusive JRPGS!!!!!!!!!), but I can still be PO'd that I made the mistake of believing the PS3 wouldn't change its freaking fanbase aim, or start sharing it with the 360, if I would have know that I would have held off on buying the PS3 until it was cheap and has some JRPG's on it and just got a 360 from the start.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

JGarret said:
True, if SO4 was indeed exclusive, MS would have said so every 5 seconds :P

But Zen, you got rid of your Wii?;;;YOU?...a self proclaimed Nintendo fanboy?

Only smart thing to do in a "fair trade" sitution wii for 360.

Take the 360 and just buy a Wii later when they are in stock.

You save yourself some money that way and you still have a game system to play.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Somebody might ask, "Why are you mad cause games aren't multiplat!? Fanboy, heh."

I'll tell you why. I spent 500 bucks for a console on the assumption that I NEEDED to spend 500 dollars to have the JRPG console of this gen(as Sony is known for being).

Recently, I've been lead to justify that purchase by a few games like Star Ocean.

It just PISSES me off when I see freakin' Square Enix giving exclusives to both consoles, cause man, I kinda got ripped off, in my mind.

Sure, it was my assumption's fault, but jeez man, WHY!?

I'm not blaming sony(OK yes I am. Sony, pay for exclusive JRPGS!!!!!!!!!), but I can still be PO'd that I made the mistake of believing the PS3 wouldn't change its freaking fanbase aim, or start sharing it with the 360, if I would have know that I would have held off on buying the PS3 until it was cheap and has some JRPG's on it and just got a 360 from the start.

It's a fair mistake to make, just shows why you need to wait... cause sometimes life don't make sense. Like the console with the least japanese support getting the most japanese RPGs.

At least PS3 is still getting the majority of the SRPG support. (Of a home console... damn DS and your tiny screen.)

There was supposed to be a Shin Megami game for PS3... but I mean.... there hasn't been any word about that game since 2005 that i can find.