By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - JRPG's the Xbox 360 and why my PS3 needs shot

People keep saying RPGS willl come to the PS3 later but how much later 2 mabey 3 years?!

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network

Games from SQUARE:

2009 January 31st - FFXIII on PS3.
2009 Summer - FFXIIIv on PS3.
2009 Autumn - KH3 on PS3.

4 JRPGs ONLY from SQUARE in ONE year, isn`t that too much??? Then when to release SO4 on PS3? Right.
2010 January - SO4 on PS3.

Not to mention, that MMORPG based on FFXIII must be released during 2009-2010 also on PS3.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

None of the above dates are realistic and KH3 hasn't even been announced for the PS3 yet. We'll be lucky to see one FF in 09 more like 2010.

DON'T YOU SEE! M$ IS MONEYHATTING JRPGs TO RUIN SONY's PS3!
MUWAHAHAHAHAH!
At least that is what I think. Either way PS3 will probably beat 360 in japan though...

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Kasz216 said:
JGarret said:
True, if SO4 was indeed exclusive, MS would have said so every 5 seconds :P

But Zen, you got rid of your Wii?;;;YOU?...a self proclaimed Nintendo fanboy?

Only smart thing to do in a "fair trade" sitution wii for 360.

Take the 360 and just buy a Wii later when they are in stock.

You save yourself some money that way and you still have a game system to play.

Yep, that's how it went down. I made a post about it. It's a done deal. I'll have another Wii soon though, in triumphant return.

You might want to wait and see what the mysterious new Wii SKU is before you get back on the wagon.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Welp, sure is a good thing that I did trade my Wii for an Xbox 360 recently(though the Wii is far superior).

A. The Last Remnant is getting an early release on the Xbox 360. How early, who is to say?

B. Eternal Sonata isn't coming to the PS3 in america. Just Japan.

C. Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon

D. Infinite Undiscovery

E. Star Ocean 4 is now coming to the 360....maybe before the PS3

I just don't know what to say. I paid top dollar for this black beast back when they were still expensive and I've had it packed up for months. Honestly. I have been pretty upset that this thing doesn't play JRPG's and apparently, I just had the wrong system.

We got WKS, Disgaea 3, and FFXIII/VXIII, but honestly I still haven't beat Disgaea 2 yet, and XIII is a year away!

Grr. I really can't stand the slow/slawness that is the PS3 and its JRPG support, that is WHY I BOUGHT IT! It's a freakin' sony system, that's why I bought a PS2. For FFX.

What I truely can't understand is why Persona 4 couldn't be a PS3 game. It woulda really made the deal, but no, it's PS2.

Alright, rant over, but know this, out of all the current gen consoles, so far, and looking in the future as well, before FFXIII, I have had WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better JRPG and SJRPG experiences much more often than I have had on my PS3, and people wonder why this thing is failing in Japan, and why American audiences are turned off?

Sony has a loyal enough fanbase, but the true hardcore sonyboys from the start bought their systems because of Square Enix support, and eventually for the JRPGs in America and Japan. If it wasn't for us there wouldn't be a freakin' playstation 2 or 3. Now we are shunned. It's time for Sony to stop spending its money on godaweful Killzone sequels and start making a freakin Legend of Dragoon game or something, cause I'm sick of this crap.

I own a 360 and I'm PO'd about this, I can only imagine myself a month back when I was a PSWii man, I woulda hung myself, after I did a lot of stuff to Sony HQ that I can't say on the internet, cause I'd be on a CIA watch list.

And you my friend are correct.  Everything you say is the reason a petition (in my sig) was started.

Not because we actually feel a petition will do anything, not because we're foolish enough to think Sony will start to poop out JRPG's overnight because of a petition...but because we feel like Sony has shit on us and we want them to know it.

It's about making them aware.  It lets them know that they had a loyal fanbase that bought ps3's for JRPG's and that they are disheartened to not get any.

Sure, it won't make a difference, but it makes them aware of our concerns and disappointment.

It lets us have a voice and a vote.

http://www.petitiononline.com/ps31134/petition.html

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

CrazzyMan said:
Games from SQUARE:

2009 January 31st - FFXIII on PS3.
2009 Summer - FFXIIIv on PS3.
2009 Autumn - KH3 on PS3.

4 JRPGs ONLY from SQUARE in ONE year, isn`t that too much??? Then when to release SO4 on PS3? Right.
2010 January - SO4 on PS3.

Not to mention, that MMORPG based on FFXIII must be released during 2009-2010 also on PS3.

Crazzy....stop drinking the cool-aid man.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Diomedes1976 said:
SO4 is coming to the PS3 ,and probably at the same date as the X360.If it wasnt or was coming later MS would have marketed it the in the event.

About the Last Remnant it can be two things ....one that MS has paid big time to have it first ,something understatable that it has done multiple times this generaton.Or it could be that being an UE3 development the 360 developing progress is somewhat ahead and they can secure a winter launch while for the PS3 version we will have to wait until january or february of 2009.

Its a bit infuriating whats happening ,MS is handing down lots of money to get these games and Sony ,who could have a serious staple in that genre ,is doing nothing.THey just believed that because the 360 being dead in Japan and their relationships with most japanese developers they could just let it be and the support would flow to the PS3.But MS is making proof that japanese developers are as greedy as anyone else and if they can have their games subsidized by MS just to have a 360 version or that version launching before they are eager to sign in the line.At least Sony has managed to keep both Final Fantasy games.

Sony doesnt have the kind of money to throw around as MS does ,but they will have to do something.They must launch White Knight Chronicles before the end of the year ,secure some exclusives and get as second party some japanese studios....and if they have to spend some money doing this so be it.

Quote from IGN:

US, June 10, 2008 - Star Ocean 4 was announced today as being in development for the Xbox 360. But as we specified during our blog from Microsoft's big RPG press conference in Japan, the game wasn't strictly referred to as an Xbox 360 exclusive title.

So is the game coming to the PS3 as well?

Square Enix producer Yoshinori Yamagishi cleared things up during a roundtable interview session that followed the press conference. Asked if the game is 360-only, he said, "We cannot announce anything on that. We can say that it will be released first [on the Xbox 360]. Whether we'll release it on the PS3 is undecided. We may release it, we may not."

Looks like, as with Last Remnant, 360 owners get this Square Enix epic first, but, as with Namco Bandai's Tales of Vesperia, PS3 owners may get their own version in the future as well!

Boo the lack of JRPG!!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

JUST BECAUSE THERE IS NO announcements of NEW JRPGs coming for PS3.
This doesn`t mean, that they are not coming.

How about Tiars of Tiara or Cross Edge - these two already coming this year. =)
And there was almost NO ifno about these games. =]

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far