By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GOD Of WAR 3 -- New DETAILS....Refining the Genre?

Insane graphics and whole new missions.

That is refining a genre in darthdevidems world.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Insane graphics and whole new missions.

That is refining a genre in darthdevidems world.

Don't be mean.

It also has to have a PS3 logo on the box.  PS2 logo's are so five minutes ago. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

@Starcraft: What the h*ll are you talking about? Darth is not being hypocritical WHATSOEVER.

The first two Banjo games revolved around running, jumping, punching, solving puzzles, and learning new abilities. Nuts and Bolts revolves around building vehicles. Nothing wrong with it, but completely different from its' predecessors.

The first two God of Wars revolved around running around being a badass and beating the ever-loving shit out of wave after wave of heavily-armed enemies, and fighting awe-inspiring bosses. God of War 3 will be the exact same, with a different fighting system. Having multiple characters does not change the formula whatsoever. To use your example, in no way did playing as the Arbiter in Halo 2 change the formula--you were still running aroundwith a bunch of allies, taking out Covenant. What's your point? These things they're adding to GoW3 are refinements.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Now that I'm back from eating...

thanks Kitchensink from preventing the thread from being Hijacked.

@Starcraft

I really have no idea what your going on about..you seem completely & utterly confused between the meanings of Innovation & refinement.......frankly you've lost the plot.

@slimebeast

looks like you live in a different world from us where 360 is magically gonna sell 10 million consoles.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Everyone in this thread really needs to chill.

First of all, for the time being, this is all RUMOUR. No facts here.

So the whole "traditional"/"innovative" argument BS is getting tired.

So let's wait until we get some concrete evidence before we flip out or defend this decision.

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
@Starcraft: What the h*ll are you talking about? Darth is not being hypocritical WHATSOEVER.

The first two Banjo games revolved around running, jumping, punching, solving puzzles, and learning new abilities. Nuts and Bolts revolves around building vehicles. Nothing wrong with it, but completely different from its' predecessors.

The first two God of Wars revolved around running around being a badass and beating the ever-loving shit out of wave after wave of heavily-armed enemies, and fighting awe-inspiring bosses. God of War 3 will be the exact same, with a different fighting system. Having multiple characters does not change the formula whatsoever. To use your example, in no way did playing as the Arbiter in Halo 2 change the formula--you were still running aroundwith a bunch of allies, taking out Covenant. What's your point? These things they're adding to GoW3 are refinements.

Actually, from what we know about Banjo 3, you still run, jump, punch, solve puzzles and learn new abilities, you just have the added tool of customizable vehicles (in and of themselves a puzzle) to help you do it. 

The first two Gods of War had a large focus on story, a character that was defined (both in personality and looks) by that story, and its fighting system.  Changing anyone of those (or in this case ALL) is easily as substantial an evolution/refinement.   

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Cool, if all of this really happens I will definitely pick up the game. I have to say I wasn't the biggest fan of the first one. I never did play the 2nd. The attack sequences were too repetitive, although the art direction, level design, and many of the games other features were very well done.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

starcraft said:
This proves it Darth. God of War 3 is a racer.

HAHA just like they all say BK3 is =/ GD PS3 fanboys

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

darthdevidem01 said:
Now that I'm back from eating...

thanks Kitchensink from preventing the thread from being Hijacked.

@Starcraft

I really have no idea what your going on about..you seem completely & utterly confused between the meanings of Innovation & refinement.......frankly you've lost the plot.

@slimebeast

looks like you live in a different world from us where 360 is magically gonna sell 10 million consoles.

lol, "hijacked", as if you don't hijack threads all the time.

Yes, the X360 is going to sell 10 million units this year. But what has that to do with your delusions about refinement?

2009 goty???

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...