By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - HD games are just not fun

Though being sarcastic.

I must honestly say their are about a good number of games on the Wii that are more fun then their HD Counterparts. Or at least seem that way to me.

MLB Power Pros has been better then any baseball game. (No motion controls by the way.)

No More Heroes is a lot of fun and has a story well above any other hack/slash game i've ever seen.

Mario Galaxy is the only platformer worth playing really.

In the end, it seems when you spend less of your time, budget and thought on graphics (and still put forth a high effort) the rest of that effort gets added to things like story and gameplay.

It's got nothing to do with HD graphics, but that HD Consoles focus more on graphics, which bring a detriment to other aspects of the game when you have a budget.

Around the Network

- the more fun a game is the crappier the graphics get
- the more graphically beautiful a game becomes, the less fun you have

so by that logic, a game which is just white noise on the tv, would be the pinnacle of fun (well at least if stoned), but an awesome image would be the pinnacle of boredom, hmmm... I'd guess adding more dope would make the boredom more manageable.

so the moral of the story is to get high with dope. LOLz

What a bonkers post! Sheer madness i tell you!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Munkeh111 said:
What, I enjoy games when I feel immersed, and when it is genuinly fun to play. That immersion comes with better graphics in many cases, and I just feel so much more involved when in HD

+1

It's all about immersion.

Sarcasm aside, I'd like to give this thread a realistic response, as if KoW was actually delusional.

There are games that look and play good. Resistance, Uncharted, CoD4, Ratchet + Clank, Gears, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, SMG, SSBB, etc.

You don't have to have an ugly game to be good. Great graphics and gameplay exist.

Around the Network

Pfft, PS1 graphics can go to hell.

Text based games for the win

I find that one of the things that immerses you in a game the most is actually the music. The graphics only have to be good enough where I can make out things without hurting my eyes or looking away because what's being displayed is too small/blurry. Obviously the gameplay is the mot important part. A game could have the bet graphics in the world...in 1998, but if you look back at them now, the gameplay is downgraded because of its dated presentation.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

DMeisterJ said:
Sarcasm aside, I'd like to give this thread a realistic response, as if KoW was actually delusional.

There are games that look and play good. Resistance, Uncharted, CoD4, Ratchet + Clank, Gears, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, SMG, SSBB, etc.

You don't have to have an ugly game to be good. Great graphics and gameplay exist.

Sure, but you can't deny that every dollar spent towards graphics is a dollar that can't be spent on things like story and gameplay.

This is less troublesome for established franchises like Gran Turismo 5.

However it is troublesome for new IPs and helps cause the problem of games being cookie cutter.

It's why the HD consoles seem better for legacy titles where you wouldn't even want to change the gameplay.

While the Wii seems better for new IPs.

I mean lets take Gran Turismo it takes one designer 6 months to make a car.

Gran Turismo should have like.... 700 cars at the minimium unless they cut a lot out.   That's like 350 years of work for graphic designers.  That's ridiculiously expensive.

If Gran Turismo 5 didn't already have it's super realistic driving controls how much money would they actually have left for those?  How good would those controls actually turn out? 

DMeisterJ said:

Shadap! :P

At least I have my dear precious GameSpot agreeing with me. It was evident when they gave WarioWare considerably higher score than Zelda TP.

And WE ALL KNOW HOW CREDIBLE AND RESPECTABLE GAMESPOT IS!!!

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Sure, but you can't deny that every dollar spent towards graphics is a dollar that can't be spent on things like story and gameplay.

This is less troublesome for established franchises like Gran Turismo 5.

However it is troublesome for new IPs and helps cause the problem of games being cookie cutter.

It's why the HD consoles seem better for legacy titles where you wouldn't even want to change the gameplay.

While the Wii seems better for new IPs.

I mean lets take Gran Turismo it takes one designer 6 months to make a car.

Gran Turismo should have like.... 700 cars at the minimium unless they cut a lot out.   That's like 350 years of work for graphic designers.  That's ridiculiously expensive.

If Gran Turismo 5 didn't already have it's super realistic driving controls how much money would they actually have left for those?  How good would those controls actually turn out? 

True true, but new franchises (Resistance, Uncharted, Gears, Mass Effect, and Lost Odyssey have somehow managed to be able to be new IPs have good gameplay, and good graphics.