By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - HD games are just not fun

darthdevidem01 said:
@Kas

Motorstorm was WOW!!..your wrong

Resistance needs 100K to get to 3 million

uncharted are is critically acclaimed....uncharted is at 89% on Gamerankings

I didn't say it wasn't critically acclaimed. Just that it borrowed everything it did from other games.

We'll disagree on Motorstorm. To me it was a mediocre racing game only well received because it was the first real racing game the PS3 got... just like Resistance honestly.  Those games have nothing on other games in their genre that are out from a gameplay persepective.

Around the Network

I don't think your very fun kingofwhale :P

Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Kas

Motorstorm was WOW!!..your wrong

Resistance needs 100K to get to 3 million

uncharted are is critically acclaimed....uncharted is at 89% on Gamerankings

I didn't say it wasn't critically acclaimed. Just that it borrowed everything it did from other games.

We'll disagree on Motorstorm. To me it was a mediocre racing game only well received because it was the first real racing game the PS3 got... just like Resistance honestly. Those games have nothing on other games in their genre that are out from a gameplay persepective.

Totally agre kasz216, Motorstorm was just more like a tech launch game rather than a full-fledge racing gem that I was expecting. 

I mean it was awesome for me not to pay for anything considering I bought the Motorstorm 80GB PS3 at the time. But you invest so many hours in the game for what. You don't unlock anything, your just racing and racing. Sort of how Excite Truck was on the Wii, but the Wii-mote made that game exciting. 

AOmac said:

Apparently, he's doing a campaing for the game pong believing that it's better than any other games in existence.

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

I know this is a joke thread, but I actually agree with the original post in general ... Not for the reason's cited though. HD games strive to be more complicated, more realistic, and more mature and this effort usually comes at the cost of a game being made to be "more fun"

Around the Network
tiachopvutru said:
AOmac said:

Apparently, he's doing a campaing for the game pong believing that it's better than any other games in existence.

I'm a believer is HD and  good gameplay, what the hell are you talking about.

HD > Cartoon

MGS4 > Mario Kart 356345

MGS4!

It has nothing to do with HD consoles, they can be just as fun as the Wii.It has everything to do with the gamemakers, somehow they got it into their heads that graphics and fun gameplay doesn´t match even if there are full of games out there doing both.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Q_A_X said:
HD > Cartoon

MGS4 > Mario Kart 356345

I know you are trying to say Nintendo overuses their franchises.... but.

Mario Kart Games: 6 (not counting remakes)

Metal Gear games: 10 (not counting remakes)

Q_A_X said:
HD > Cartoon

MGS4 > Mario Kart 356345

So HD games can't use cartoon graphics anymore, and you can't display realistic graphics at standard definition?

On top of this you're comparing two games you have never played before, and one that obviously won't exist for over 1.75 Million years at Nintendo's pace for producing them being that Nintendo has only produced 4 Mario Kart games over 4 generations of home consoles.