By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I just an HDTV...

I'm wondering what the best for gaming in general would be. 720p is good enough for me picture-wise. A seperate stereo system probably is the best option. I just don't want to spend a ridiculous amount.

Around the Network

My tuppence is that LCD sucks more than Pamela Anderson

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

rocketpig is correct.  It is "an" HDTV.

great discussion, its "an".

rocketpig said:
Papa Rokks said:
i want an hdtv, but I'm worried that even if a get one with an awesome picture, it will have shitty sound. My former roomate bought an 800 dollar Samsung and the speakers are absolute shit. And some of the games' colors seem to tear into each other.

Personally, I don't understand how people exist without a stand-alone stereo system. TV speakers are shit.

For regular TV watching, who really cares if the speakers are crappy. I only pull out the main speakers and turn on the suround sound if I'm watching a movie. Maybe I would for games too, if I had a PS3 or XBox360, but since the Wii just has stereo, who cares if it sounds only ok.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
You only use 'an' when the word after it begins with a vowel or a vowel sound (like honour). The thread title should read, "I just got a HDTV". Sorry to single you out, but I have seen the same mistake so many times on this forum and it annoys the hell out of me.

OT: Sorry I don't know anything about TV's :P

I saw that too lol

super_etecoon said:
rocketpig said:
tombi123 said:
You only use 'an' when the word after it begins with a vowel or a vowel sound (like honour). The thread title should read, "I just got a HDTV". Sorry to single you out, but I have seen the same mistake so many times on this forum and it annoys the hell out of me.

Are you sure about that? I was always taught to use "an" phonetically. That's why people say "a university" because it's pronounced "You-niversity". The same applies to acronyms like "an HDTV" because it's pronounced "ayche-DTV".

I Googled it and there is no clear answer I could find. I'm just curious.

It is definitely "an" HDTV. 

According to my English Comp 1 book, it can be either or. An university, a university are the same thing.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

rocketpig said:

Personally, I don't understand how people exist without a stand-alone stereo system. TV speakers are shit.

Some people just don't care about audio at all. :)  They just want to watch the movie and know the story rather than care about if the gunshot is coming from the back or from the front.  And it's convenient to not having to set up speakers all around the room.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

I need good speakers for Resistance 2. Can't give the game justice if you can't hear the brillant sounds of death from each weapon.

ssj12 said:
super_etecoon said:
rocketpig said:
tombi123 said:

Are you sure about that? I was always taught to use "an" phonetically. That's why people say "a university" because it's pronounced "You-niversity". The same applies to acronyms like "an HDTV" because it's pronounced "ayche-DTV".

I Googled it and there is no clear answer I could find. I'm just curious.

It is definitely "an" HDTV.

According to my English Comp 1 book, it can be either or. An university, a university are the same thing.

Unfortunately, SSJ12...University is not the word that is in question.  Read the whole thread.