By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ok so I'm officially dissapointed in Brawl.

Yeah, well thats kinda what I meant by "combo's" in melee, you kinda had to play it how you saw it :P and having the know how for the various ranges of percentile damage. It just seems like now the enemy doesn't react to many "set-up" techniques, and my ability to catch up to an enemy to further annihilate him has been decreased lol. It's more of a cause and effect game now instead of a free-flow to me. On the plus side it seems much more true to it's name "SMASH brothers" in that there seems to be a much higher emphasis on single hits, but I kinda liked the pacing of melee :/

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

Ah I see.  You were a Fox player.   Going from Melee to Brawl will suck for you.

It's a good thing IMO. 

ChronotriggerJM said:
@Red4

I'm actually "ok" with the slowdown on Ganon, but fox was my main and truely best character, I was refused the allowance to play him by many of my friends and matches :D Now it seems like they decreased fox's knockback, which is "ok", but they took out many MANY combo possibilities, and well now, he feels slow as crap, doesn't have the combo's he used to, and hits like a butterfly and doesn't sting at all XD I just feel really bad for people who got REALLY accustomed to the speed of melee, brawl is quite a slam on us (at least for me and my friends).

I wish they just had a "Set to Melee physics" option xD

Honestly i did too felt a slowdown with fox (i wasnt reall good him anyway) so tried with gannon and he was even slower but his strengh made for his slow speed. I agree it sucks for thoes who got used to fox but what caan ya do? hopefull in their next title they wont do the same thing. sorry that ya feel dissapointed.

Words Of Wisdom said:

Ah I see. You were a Fox player. Going from Melee to Brawl will suck for you.

It's a good thing IMO.

LOL NEVAR, it's a horrible thing :D Fox was so brutal yet so many people sucked at playing him XD it was great :P

Well I'm going to set fox aside for this one me-thinks, but I will definitely work more on Gannon and Donkey Kong :P They didn't seem to afflicted by the move. But my game and watch suffered as well ;-;

I will definitely take some of the advice offered here and I will definitely find a way to weezle my way into really loving this iteration :P I'll see you guys online sometime :P  

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

The thing is, the character roster is a lot more balanced this time around imo. It's not just Marth, Shiek, and the Space Animals that dominate (although they still can). Although 64 had the most balanced roster, Brawl is a close second, and Melee is far and away the last. For me, this was most likely Brawl's best achievement.

Oh, and you can catch dem pigguhs!

Around the Network

Brawl runs around the same speed as Smash on the N64 and alot of old characters (Samus, Capt. Falcon, Game and Watch) are very different now.

G&W has been buffed up and is now one of the top characters while Samus (Not ZSS) has been nerfed to the point of almost unplayable and Capt. Falcon was just... well... destroyed.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!