By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ok so I'm officially dissapointed in Brawl.

stop complaining, there are some of us who haven't even felt the gamebox in our hands yet!

20 days left till brawl...........

Around the Network

I thought Europe release date was Q4 2009. ;)

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

@dib8 LOL I'm not really looking to flame the game ^^ I've just been so pleased with Melee all these years and I was SUPER stoked about Brawl, I'm just going to have to accept that it's not that "upgrade" that melee was to 64 (IMO), but a change for the series, the physics engine seems massively overhauled and they're trying to make it a more easily adaptable game.

I like that they have an online feature, I'm just not sure how often I'd actually go online with it :P Smash was always about the at home experience with your friends :P Nothing beats grabbing someone with donkey Kong, running off the stage, then throwing them under it just to watch them profusely beat you with a gamecube controller xD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Play as zero suit samus, then yiou will like brawl more.

dib8rman said:
I thought Europe release date was Q4 2009. ;)

Isn't it coming this month in europe?

Around the Network

LOL SC your awesome :P On a positive note to that comment, at least I would be playing a 2D Samus again ;)

I dont see how they slowed down the characters. Gannon in melee was too fast for a heavy guy IMO so im guessing nintendo made him a little heavier stronger (this is typical for a fighter like him along with Donkey Kong and Bowser). For fighting games dont expect all fighers to have the same exact moves, esp in crossover ones (im actualy suprised they still have the same basic attacks with new ones)

As for the graphics at least we are lucky see the characters with a more realistic look. they made marios demin overalls, links tunic even more realistic. Im suprsed the wii can handle the graphics with ease. Normaly fighting games dont have wide open areas like corssover games such as brawl with vusuals looking that decent.

ChronotriggerJM said:
LOL SC your awesome :P On a positive note to that comment, at least I would be playing a 2D Samus again ;)

Yeah, I get nostalgia of super metroid when I'm playing subspace emmisary when you have to fight ridley. Especially the last time you fight him. 

@Red4

I'm actually "ok" with the slowdown on Ganon, but fox was my main and truely best character, I was refused the allowance to play him by many of my friends and matches :D Now it seems like they decreased fox's knockback, which is "ok", but they took out many MANY combo possibilities, and well now, he feels slow as crap, doesn't have the combo's he used to, and hits like a butterfly and doesn't sting at all XD I just feel really bad for people who got REALLY accustomed to the speed of melee, brawl is quite a slam on us (at least for me and my friends).

I wish they just had a "Set to Melee physics" option xD

Brawl isn't about unleashing a memorized set of moves, otherwise known as a combo. It's more about setting up the other player so you can get a move in and reacting to to their move with the appropriate counter. Yeah, there's still combos, but the emphasis has shifted from memorizing combo moves to a (somewhat) more fluid action/reaction style. It's different.