By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ars Techina re-reviews the PS3...

I think they are overreacting it with exclusives if they speak about now...Eventually there will be a lot of exclusives true but not yet;..

Around the Network

THe Playstation Brand has enticed, excited & delivered to gamers over the last 15 years.....

In fact the teams are moving to help Guerilla to make Killzone 2 a path breaking & innovative game that will break new grounds in narrative, graphical capabilities on the Playstation 3 & ofcourse cinematic gameplay.

SCEE is helping Little Big Planet truly become the success story of this generation and to help it release very quickly.

With MGS4's release next week the blockbuster exclusives & action on Playstation 3 will never stop.

Merry Gaming

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

starcraft said:
TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:

Though to be fair, he has been slightly happier with the console since the arrival of GTAIV. Until I told him my version will have exclusive content

Edit: Fixed!!!

Good that you have played one at least.

Did you tell him is copy was better then your is many different ways, or did you leave that part out and just make him feel bad for is purchase of the better version?

Well given both versions are scoring the same on Metacritic, that would be a lie.

I never  lie even if I can help it.

Fixed , your the king of spin.

starcraft said:
TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:

Though to be fair, he has been slightly happier with the console since the arrival of GTAIV. Until I told him my version will have exclusive content

Edit: Fixed!!!

Good that you have played one at least.

Did you tell him is copy was better then your is many different ways, or did you leave that part out and just make him feel bad for is purchase of the better version?

Well given both versions are scoring the same on Metacritic, that would be a lie.

I       lie if I can help it. 

So you didn't tell him that there is less lag online, less pop-in, better colors, and an overall better framerate on the PS3 version? I'd say you lied to him. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

starcraft said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Some PS3 exclusives (that have at least earned some 9s)

Folklore
Eye of Judgement
Resistence Fall of Man
Motorstorm
Everybodys Golf Out of Bounds(World Tour in Europe)
Valkyrie of the Battelfield
Disgaea 3
Yakuza 3
Uncharted
Ratchet and Clank
Singstar Online
Heavenly Sword
Metal Gear Solid 4:Guns of the Patriots
Gran Turismo 5:Prologue

I think the 360 doesnt have much more than this as exclusives of high caliber ,and less now that Bioshock is coming to the PS3.

Only a handful of those titles are over 80 on Metacritic.

Only MGS4 is over 90.

I think whatever the US media in general says isn't any true measure of titles being good, interesting and fun or not. They sure affect sales, but it comes far more down to personal taste and the reviewer's opinion may not fully reflect on general consumer taste. For example the hugely popular Wii Sports only ranked 76% on metacritic (my gf and sister love it!). Wii Play a game which sold more than Gears of War and Halo 3 combined, only scored 58%.

To me it seems quite obvious some US (especially Gamespot) and UK based media have been infiltrated by some 360 fans judging from some of their reasoning and inconsistent criticism. So the scores are not all saying, IMO games like R&C: TOD and Uncharted are top and Super Stardust HD kicks the arse of any Live game out there.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
ssj12 said:

So you didn't tell him that there is less lag online, less pop-in, better colors, and an overall better framerate on the PS3 version? I'd say you lied to him.

Sorry ssj12, but the better colors are more of an opinionated question , I'm not too sure about less lag online for the PS3 version and in terms of framerate, the PS3 version ran consistently 4-5 fps less than the 360's on just about every chapter (when analized by b3d members). PS3 has less pop-in though, that's for sure.

Go ps3. i agree with all of that.

darthdevidem01 said:
THe Playstation Brand has enticed, excited & delivered to gamers over the last 15 years.....

In fact the teams are moving to help Guerilla to make Killzone 2 a path breaking & innovative game that will break new grounds in narrative, graphical capabilities on the Playstation 3 & ofcourse cinematic gameplay.

SCEE is helping Little Big Planet truly become the success story of this generation and to help it release very quickly.

With MGS4's release next week the blockbuster exclusives & action on Playstation 3 will never stop.

Merry Gaming

The ps3 is doing really good at this point in time. With the way the sales have dipped for it tho it makes you wonder if its because of a little niche game called MGS4.

I can not wait untill this time next year because the ps3 is going to have so many good games that 1 like, i will not know what to do with them 

disolitude said:
Both PS3 and the 360 are a good buy in my opinion. But if you have to get one... I'd still vote for the 360. More games, better games and cheaper games, better online with more online content...those would be the deciding factors.

Like how often does PSN get new content? I've had the system for 3 weeks now and it got a bunch of wall papers and movie previews in those 3 weeks

Uncharted and MGS4 are the only must plays in my opinion for PS3. And Mortal Kombat 2... :)

I'd agree unless:

1) You have a gaming PC, which gives you access to Mass Effect, Bioshock, Orange Box, and Oblivion, among others.
2) You really care about Blu Ray.

I fit the former and a bit of the latter, and thus I tend to play my PS3 more than my 360. 

By the way, I've been on my PS3 a lot more recently. I'd kind of ignored some people/friends on PSN because I was into WoW, but I quit WoW now and am playing my consoles again more frequently.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

ssj12 said:

Ahh, all I said was "the 360 version is getting exclusive downloadable content."  By what definition is that a lie?

But now to deal with your deceptions.  Common opinion rates the PS3's online as inferior to the Xbox 360's.  Most reviews belayed the claim that the 360 version of GTAIV had more "vibrant" colours.  I read reviews (approximately an equivelant number) that had alternate claims as to which console's version has a better frame-rate.  

Though my time spent with the PS3 version is minimal, I acknowledge that it is widely credited with having less pop-in.  However, I can attest to the fact that this means little, as I hardly ever get pop-in on the 360 version and Metacritic agrees that even without the exclusive DLC, the 360 version holds its own with the PS3 one. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS