By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ars Techina re-reviews the PS3...

Some PS3 exclusives (that have at least earned some 9s)

Folklore
Eye of Judgement
Resistence Fall of Man
Motorstorm
Everybodys Golf Out of Bounds(World Tour in Europe)
Valkyrie of the Battelfield
Disgaea 3
Yakuza 3
Uncharted
Ratchet and Clank
Singstar Online
Heavenly Sword
Metal Gear Solid 4:Guns of the Patriots
Gran Turismo 5:Prologue

I think the 360 doesnt have much more than this as exclusives of high caliber ,and less now that Bioshock is coming to the PS3.

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:
I generally agree with this review. The one exception to that agreement is the implication through "ever-increasing library of exclusives" that the PS3 has a solid number of high-quality exclusives.

At this stage it doesn't have those exclusives yet, and MGS4 alone (massive as it is, its from a niche genre) wont fix that.

But they are right about the PS3's media capabilities. I was messing around with a buddy's PS3 the other day and its pretty nifty.

This is interesting. You play MK, and all the sudden the Wii seems like a better gaming machine. You screw around with the PS3 the other day (am I to assume it was the first time?), and it has some cool features.

Have you ever played Uncharted, R&C, HS, UT3, GT5P, or any other PS3 exclusive?

If not, I can't believe I have I have been arguing with someone who is coming from a position of ignorance all this time. You argue constantly against the PS3, yet have never really played one. Nice.

I was under the impression we'd decided not to comment on eachothers posts anymore? Oh well, as you like.

If you'd read my MarioKart thread properly, you would have understood that whilst I have owned a Wii for some time (coming up on a year), I have been fairly disappointed with its library for the majority of that period, excepting SMG and Zelda.

If you had paid attention to my post in this thread, you would have realized that the comment that I was "messing around with a buddy's PS3" was clearly in the context of media capabilities only. I acknowledge that that was the first time I had specifically and personally done a proper examination of the PS3 as a media device. Personally, all my media needs are handled by my PC.

That aside, I have fairly regular access to a PS3 from a gaming perspective, as my girlfriends brother owns one. He owns a couple of games (including Uncharted, most of which I have either played myself or seen played before me) and rents others on a regular basis. I HAVE played Prologue and HS, I HAVENT played R&C. All-in-all hes fairly dissapointed with his purchase. He's a long time Sony fan that made the same mistake many others made in picking the console up without actually checking that it the same level of quality software support that the PS2 received.

Though to be fair, he has been slightly happier with the console since the arrival of GTAIV. Until I told him my version will have exclusive content

Edit: Fixed!!! 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:
I generally agree with this review. The one exception to that agreement is the implication through "ever-increasing library of exclusives" that the PS3 has a solid number of high-quality exclusives.

At this stage it doesn't have those exclusives yet, and MGS4 alone (massive as it is, its from a niche genre) wont fix that.

But they are right about the PS3's media capabilities. I was messing around with a buddy's PS3 the other day and its pretty nifty.

This is interesting. You play MK, and all the sudden the Wii seems like a better gaming machine. You screw around with the PS3 the other day (am I to assume it was the first time?), and it has some cool features.

Have you ever played Uncharted, R&C, HS, UT3, GT5P, or any other PS3 exclusive?

If not, I can't believe I have I have been arguing with someone who is coming from a position of ignorance all this time. You argue constantly against the PS3, yet have never really played one. Nice.

OT: Nice review, I only wish the price of both the PS3 and the 360 would go down, When the PS3 launched, everything on that list was still true (side from DS3) and the thing was worth it's price. Today it's a little expensive. Hopefully a price cut is in the future for the HD consoles. 

hahahah i never noticed that he said that lol... thats so funny lol

Diomedes1976 said:
Some PS3 exclusives (that have at least earned some 9s)

Folklore
Eye of Judgement
Resistence Fall of Man
Motorstorm
Everybodys Golf Out of Bounds(World Tour in Europe)
Valkyrie of the Battelfield
Disgaea 3
Yakuza 3
Uncharted
Ratchet and Clank
Singstar Online
Heavenly Sword
Metal Gear Solid 4:Guns of the Patriots
Gran Turismo 5:Prologue

I think the 360 doesnt have much more than this as exclusives of high caliber ,and less now that Bioshock is coming to the PS3.

Only a handful of those titles are over 80 on Metacritic.

Only MGS4 is over 90. 

starcraft said:

Though to be fair, he has been slightly happier with the console since the arrival of GTAIV. Until I told him my version will have exclusive content

Good that you have played one at least.

Did you tell him is copy was better then your is many different ways, or did you leave that part out and just make him feel bad for is purchase of the better version? 

Around the Network

Both PS3 and the 360 are a good buy in my opinion. But if you have to get one... I'd still vote for the 360. More games, better games and cheaper games, better online with more online content...those would be the deciding factors.

Like how often does PSN get new content? I've had the system for 3 weeks now and it got a bunch of wall papers and movie previews in those 3 weeks

Uncharted and MGS4 are the only must plays in my opinion for PS3. And Mortal Kombat 2... :)

The PSN is updated every Thursday, it's just that some weeks offer more things than others.

----

About the topic, good review and I do hope that the supposed in-game XMB update is actually coming. I've been using my PS3 for games and media for a very long time now and each new update has further increased it's capabilities when it comes to doing these things (I'm very happy it can play WMV's as well as other formats). 

I don know if you guys noticed or not,,but this site gave PS3 a 6 beginning of last year

TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:

Good that you have played one at least.

Did you tell him is copy was better then your is many different ways, or did you leave that part out and just make him feel bad for is purchase of the better version?

Well given both versions are scoring the same on Metacritic, that would be a lie.

I never lie if I can help it. 

At least a nine is better than that six they gave out in '06.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"