By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Guitar Hero III Wii version will pass GHIII 360 version

All the more amazing is that every Wii GHIII must be bought with a guitar. It may very well be the best selling bundle already.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
It's doubtful considering Aerosmith, Rock Band, and GH IV should all lower Wii and 360 version sales to a point where it would take too much to overtake it. Wii version should end it's cycle probably around 3.1 million total.

aerosmith might help GH3,just like rock the 80's help ps2's GH2,and i think GH3 will still continue to sell after the release of GH4 but it will sell lower weekly but still sell

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

@cremator

Uhhh....seriously that was bad first post.

Superchunk isn't from some NDF...he can be quite neutral at times & this is something Big

a 3rd party Wii game OUTSELLING 360's counterpart in NA...360's home turf

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Cremator said:

Yea My first post!!!!

Wow. First off let me start of by saying theres been alot of these threads popping up recently and the mods should really do something about it. Wii fanboys and SONY fanboys create threads like these everyday bashing the 360 in some way. First of all, are u from NDF(Nintendo Defense Force)? I remember SDF doing something like this too. I don't see how this will happen as Rock Band its biggest competitor isn't even released yet. And when it does expect GH3 to drop. The two bolded comments make you one big desperate Wii fanboy looking for more 3rd party games. LOL primary development console? What are you smoking? Wiid(weed)?

I would think you are better off gaining a few hundred posts before you start labelling people fanboys and start asking for better moderating. Just my 2 cents.

Based on historical trends for all dominating consoles, why does my theory of Wii being the primary dev system and there being less PS360/PC only games sound so fanboyish? Isn't that what happened for NES,SNES,PS1,PS2, and every single Nintendo handheld?

When Wii does this regularly Superchunk...only then will that situation take place

As I said with COD4, AC, NFS, The football games

this is yet to happen....

Guitar Hero is a mere anomaly right now

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I can`t help but wonder: what if they the Wii version got at least half the developer attention the 360 version had? No DLC (they could release a expansion disc), mono sound fiasco and a price that does not reflect the lower production costs on the Wii.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

That would be great if GH3 on Wii could pass GH3 on 360.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

darthdevidem01 said:
When Wii does this regularly Superchunk...only then will that situation take place

As I said with COD4, AC, NFS, The football games

this is yet to happen....

Guitar Hero is a mere anomaly right now

That is what I think will happen next year. The majority of multi-platform games will be best sold on Wii.

Matt from IGN earlier mentioned the Wii version passing the 360 version in the US. Considering the distance between both titles in this graph mainly is caused by the difference in the Americas it might actually already be in front.

360 had rock band competition