By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The floodgates are officially open: 4 quality Wii games in 2 days

I'm just glad that these games are not Tamagotchi's Party Continues and Return to Furu Furu Park. At least it's a start. Spyborgs will probably be cool. Tenchu wil be a hit or a miss. The others I don't know.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
Onimusha12 said:
Yeah who needs games like Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Silent Hill, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Call of Duty, Orange Box, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock or Resident Evil when you got these.

And here I thought the days of Nintendo fans digging through the scraps of unremarkable third party support to feed delussions that things might actually change for the Wii had passed. Shame on the OP for getting people's hopes up with this thread's title.

Even if these games are good quality, they won't get advertising and won't sell. Maybe someday third party developers will make games for the Wii that aren't barely PS2 level graphics.

Unremarkable third party support ? Rune Factory : Harvest Moon ? Oo

(And sorry, but none of your titles interests me (except, maybe, Soul Calibur). I take Rune Factory or Dokapon Kingdom over those, any time, any day.)

Wow, it was funny up to now, but it's starting to get out of hand. I'm talking about the shills and astroturfers (what Malstrom calls the 'viral marketers').
They're hard at work since 2 weeks ago, and it's hilarious because it's ineffective, but now, I'm starting to see this board so full of them. Every thread gets derailed, lots of nonsensical threads are started.
I see lots of generalization that are obviously wrong ("Wii owners act like this or that..."), I see lots of Wii games announcements, and all of them are getting attacked as fast as possible by the shills.
The goal of course, is to maintain the illusion that the Wii gets only shitty games and not many games anyway. I see the shills intentionally mixing "production value" with "quality" in their sentence. It's pretty interesting what they're trying to do, for analysis purpose. Of course, all of their arguments fall apart, but hey, that's their job.
Well, shills, do your thing, it will be even more hilarious when it's proven ineffective. Some console makers are apparently very scared with E3 approaching. Why?

Anyway, I notice 2 more Wii RPG there. And both looks very good (well, the shills will tell you they are kiddy, but these morons would have called every Final Fantasy up to 6 kiddy anyway). Seems like what I predicted is coming true concerning JRPG. I'm even witnessing the birth of a new RPG genre : board RPG. Well, it's not entirely new, but in video games it is.

These are good times.

rocketpig said:
naznatips said:
Onimusha12 said:
Yeah who needs games like Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Silent Hill, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Call of Duty, Orange Box, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock or Resident Evil when you got these.

And here I thought the days of Nintendo fans digging through the scraps of unremarkable third party support to feed delussions that things might actually change for the Wii had passed. Shame on the OP for getting people's hopes up with this thread's title.

Even if these games are good quality, they won't get advertising and won't sell. Maybe someday third party developers will make games for the Wii that aren't barely PS2 level graphics.

Yes, my god why weren't 11 games that were in development 1-2 years before the Wii was even released on the Wii. Developers should be canceling all their current projects and moving them to Wii, and if they don't and make new games on Wii instead they obviously hate it, and we should condemn them! Oh and when they do (Monster Hunter) it doesn't count right Onimusha?

Your stick got old months ago. Your senseless rants are not doing anything, and it's pretty sad that you are too busy complaining about games to actually enjoy them.

Quick question:

Why do so many Wii owners feel a sense of entitlement when it comes to game releases? 

Yes.

Wii owners, please answer this question.

DMeisterJ said:
rocketpig said:
naznatips said:
Onimusha12 said:

Yes, my god why weren't 11 games that were in development 1-2 years before the Wii was even released on the Wii. Developers should be canceling all their current projects and moving them to Wii, and if they don't and make new games on Wii instead they obviously hate it, and we should condemn them! Oh and when they do (Monster Hunter) it doesn't count right Onimusha?

Your stick got old months ago. Your senseless rants are not doing anything, and it's pretty sad that you are too busy complaining about games to actually enjoy them.

Quick question:

Why do so many Wii owners feel a sense of entitlement when it comes to game releases? 

Yes.

Wii owners, please answer this question.

I already did.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Soriku said:
BengaBenga said:
Keep your eye on the editorial section. You might find something of your liking there somewhere around friday. And it won't be TWTW. Be prepared.

Eh?

You know something we don't? Hint please :)

Race Driver will be coming to Wii.

Tell me about this game and why you want it so much.

@ SC

I didn't like your response.

Only Spyborgs has me interested. Dokapon and Rune Factory are not my cup of tea and Tenchu isn't all that great.

RolStoppable said:
Soriku said:
RolStoppable said:

lol.

Why do you want this game so much?

I don't like you and therefore I won't answer your question.

sc94597 said:

Race Driver is a great realistic racing game, although GRID has been made more accessible than previous installments of the series. Nevertheless, games like this aren't available on the Wii and also weren't made for the GC. I want to play this series since years on a Nintendo console, just like Colin McRae Rally, the other great Codemasters racing series.

The best features in Race Driver games are the damage model, various racing classes with different vehicles and the large number of cars in each race. Codemasters could fill an important gap in the lineup of the Wii, their game would have no competition.

Hm sounds nice. I would love a gmae like that. The wii is in great need of a realistic racer.

RolStoppable said:
Soriku said:
RolStoppable said:

lol.

Why do you want this game so much?

I don't like you and therefore I won't answer your question.

sc94597 said:

Race Driver is a great realistic racing game, although GRID has been made more accessible than previous installments of the series. Nevertheless, games like this aren't available on the Wii and also weren't made for the GC. I want to play this series since years on a Nintendo console, just like Colin McRae Rally, the other great Codemasters racing series.

The best features in Race Driver games are the damage model, various racing classes with different vehicles and the large number of cars in each race. Codemasters could fill an important gap in the lineup of the Wii, their game would have no competition.

i would also like to see these types of games on wii

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"