By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The floodgates are officially open: 4 quality Wii games in 2 days

Yes. It seems that small developers such as high voltage software and frontier developments will be the ones that support the wii the most. On the other hand, big developers such as Ubisoft and Capcom continue to forget the wii. Hopefully, when they see the success the small developers have with core games on the wii, they will follow suit.

Around the Network

Only time will tell if these games are good to play. But from what I see here in these 4 games, I know the first games is from a decent franchise and the second is from Capcom, I don't have to much about that. The last 2 I don't know about, but it is good news that these things are announced.

The reason you can call these quality right now is because they don't look like shovelware.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Soriku said:
blackbird3216 said:
Yes. It seems that small developers such as high voltage software and frontier developments will be the ones that support the wii the most. On the other hand, big developers such as Ubisoft and Capcom continue to forget the wii. Hopefully, when they see the success the small developers have with core games on the wii, they will follow suit.

Capcom is forgetting the Wii? You DO know that Spyborgs is one of their biggest games right?
He was talking about Capcom's American branch, but still important.

@ Soriku

lulz

Don't forget Star Wars Clone Wars looks like it's also going to be Nintendo exclusive. We're not even at E3 yet, so expect many more announcements to come.

Around the Network

Is the Rune Factory series any good? I've always liked the art and such but never got into it nor Harvest Moon.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles fan for life. <3

FishyJoe said:
Don't forget Star Wars Clone Wars looks like it's also going to be Nintendo exclusive. We're not even at E3 yet, so expect many more announcements to come.

im expecting alot of announcements for wii

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Andrex said:
Is the Rune Factory series any good? I've always liked the art and such but never got into it nor Harvest Moon.

I liked the first one, but not as much as I like Harvest Moon without the combat elements.  IMO they took out too many of the community things.  However, from what I hear that stuff has been added back in for Rune Factory 2.

Oooo, Rune Factory. This is the first time I'm hearing of this. I have been out of it, lol. That is one game that I almost bought for DS, and I'm certainly willing to pick it up on the Wii.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

naznatips said:
Onimusha12 said:
Yeah who needs games like Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Silent Hill, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Call of Duty, Orange Box, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock or Resident Evil when you got these.

And here I thought the days of Nintendo fans digging through the scraps of unremarkable third party support to feed delussions that things might actually change for the Wii had passed. Shame on the OP for getting people's hopes up with this thread's title.

Even if these games are good quality, they won't get advertising and won't sell. Maybe someday third party developers will make games for the Wii that aren't barely PS2 level graphics.

Yes, my god why weren't 11 games that were in development 1-2 years before the Wii was even released on the Wii. Developers should be canceling all their current projects and moving them to Wii, and if they don't and make new games on Wii instead they obviously hate it, and we should condemn them!  Oh and when they do (Monster Hunter) it doesn't count right Onimusha?

Your stick got old months ago.  Your senseless rants are not doing anything, and it's pretty sad that you are too busy complaining about games to actually enjoy them.  

Those games were examples of good third party support, not what the Wii should get in spite of obvious limiting circumstances. Oh but keep telling yourself these bargain bin offerings are the god send we've all been waiting for and that I'm just pining for games that we all know damn well aren't comming to the Wii. I'm sure that's so much more convenient for you to believe rather than accepting maybe I have goddamn good point and your only defense here is reciting, "If you can't say something nice than don't say anything at all."

I'll remember next time that  only positive comments are allowed on this site.

@ Rocketpig

Entitlement?

Allow me to simplify, I am not saying the Wii deserves the example games listed, I'm saying that those are examples of good third party support, things that people should be excited for, games that get commercials, games that get sales, games that more than just a handful of pathetic internet Wii well-wishers care about and then get defensive about it when someone like me comes along with reality to rain on your parade. 

Though if I had to come up a reason for entitlement, just for shits and giggles, maybe damn near 50% market share and record breaking sales as the most successful console in video game history would be grounds. But shit, what do I know. I'm just a malcontent. Let's all break the bank and buy all five consoles so it doesn't matter what games are released where. Screw integrity, as long as the game isn't Nitro Bike let's all tell ourselves its a great game.