By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will PS3 Surpass Xbox360?

@jimmay
Didn't you here ma. Thouse title don't mean anything, apperintly MS and Nintendo both have some crazy stuff coming next year. It is going to nok you socks off when you see these amazing well known series.

I stil stand firm on my summer to fall 08 passing date. Gran Turismo is the biggest game franchise over the last 10 years, and that is going to help sales a lot. Home will take off as a muture and trusted online chat service that parents will trust, kids will love, and grownups will migrate to. Even though Sony has showed a lot of stuff for next year already they have not even shown close to everything. Sony stil has several devs that have not announced projects yet for the PS3. It seems many stil can not accept the fact that Sony is the 3rd largest developer in the world, and all of their games are PS exclusive. Not only do they have that going for them, but the devs that actually want to push gameing forward are embracing the PS3. Team Ninja, Free Radicul, Rockstar, Epic, Square, and Konami are all very dedicated to putting great exclusives on the system to try and drive sales. These devs are trying to help people make the best purchase they can, by putting games on the console with the most future potintal.

As far as hardware and cost reductions go PS3 will be cheaper than the Premium 360 in the future. By fall 2009 Sony will have a redisigned PS3 with 45nm Chip set were Cell and RSX are one chip. Blu-ray will be selling at just over DVD level price and the form factor will be less expensive. Ken Kuturagi designed the PS3 with cost reduction in mind. He stated that a lot of what they did was done to help the chip shrinking, rather than because they could not do it. This is the way Ken designed every Playstation. Next October the PS3 will be at 299USD and by Oct 09 it will be at the magical 199USD were it will stick for a good three years.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
As far as hardware and cost reductions go PS3 will be cheaper than the Premium 360 in the future. By fall 2009 Sony will have a redisigned PS3 with 45nm Chip set were Cell and RSX are one chip. Blu-ray will be selling at just over DVD level price and the form factor will be less expensive. Ken Kuturagi designed the PS3 with cost reduction in mind. He stated that a lot of what they did was done to help the chip shrinking, rather than because they could not do it. This is the way Ken designed every Playstation. Next October the PS3 will be at 299USD and by Oct 09 it will be at the magical 199USD were it will stick for a good three years.

Wha-what-WHAT?

Seriously, you need to stop it with the PS3 FUD. The PS3 definitely has more bleeding-edge tech and therefore can probably drop in price faster than the 360 but NO WAY IN HELL will it ever be cheaper. That's just a cold, hard fact. For every chip reduction the PS3 sees, the 360 will also get. In case you forgot, BOTH CHIPS ARE MADE BY THE SAME COMPANY USING THE SAME ARCHITECTURE. Sony doesn't magically get a 65/45nm process while MS is left out in the cold with 90nm. In fact, the 360 is shifting to 65nm before the PS3.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

jimmay said:
DarkNight_DS said:
jimmay said:
The ps3 will pass the xbox360 some time in 2009. Ps3's 2008 line up is far superior to the 360's and the wii's and that will make all the difference.

LOL that's a good one... Prove it! Show us the magical lineup for 2008 that Sony apparently has compared to what Nintendo has (which they've yet to talk about) and what MS has (who's also been quiet about 2008). You only need to talk about next years items if this years items can't hold their own. It's called dangling a carrot... Most games scheduled for next year are all tentative... meaning they could come out next year... of they could get delayed.

Brillant fanboy post with the use of 'LOL' to show off how mature you are. Wether you like it or not the ps3 in 2008 has more proven top rated multi million selling franchises coming out than any other console. The ps3 just off the top of my head has:

Gran Turismo 5

Final Fantasy 13

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Grand Theft Auto 4 (not coming to wii) 

Metal Gear Solid 4

Killzone 2

Monster Kingdom

The Getaway 3

Tekken 6

Driver 5

Devil May Cry 4 (not coming to wii)

Wipeout

Burnout 5 (not coming to wii)

Resident Evil 5 (not coming to wii)

Then their are a bunch of promising new games such as, LittleBigPlanet, DC Universe, Eight Days, L.A. Noire and White Knight Story.

first off FF 13 will be lucky if it comes in 08, but i guess you can keep that up you never know they might be able to do it, and there is no chance in hell versuses is coming out in 08 unless they have kept everything a lie.

Now sony has been focusing on 08, because well, we see what they have for this holiday and its not the best, i would also focus on next year.

Also you have a few multis on there so i would NOT INCLUDE THEM

THESE ARE EXCLUSIVE SO FAR (least i hope -_-)

Fable 2

Too Human

Halo Wars

Cry on

Infinite Undiscovery

Alan Wake

Banjo-Kazooie 3

(possibly Lost odyssey its early 08 or late 07) Lost Odyssey

Universe At War: Earth Assault

Marvel Universe Online

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures

Castle Wolfenstein

And thats what they have announced, id be shocked if microsoft didnt have more coming, i really would

WHile ps3 does have the stronger lineup, its not like 360 and wii dont have a decently strong one.

Seriously if you are argeuing that a bunch of games will give the ps3 a huge ass boost, then why not the same for 360 and wii, your argueing is pointless

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Rocketpig: The Pal version of PS3 have 65NMs and we got it in march. I Believe it is easier for PS3 do go down in price then 360. But 360 is much cheaper to produce now because it have been out longer. Microsoft seems to be slower in the hardware department and Sony seems better at that because Sony is hardware company. That is why I believe Sony will start with 45NMs before Microsoft. I dont believe either that ps3 will be 299$ in 08, I am hoping for 399$. The big question is does Japan/USA PS3s have 65NMs?

KBG29 said:
@jimmay
Didn't you here ma. Thouse title don't mean anything, apperintly MS and Nintendo both have some crazy stuff coming next year. It is going to nok you socks off when you see these amazing well known series.

I stil stand firm on my summer to fall 08 passing date. Gran Turismo is the biggest game franchise over the last 10 years, and that is going to help sales a lot. Home will take off as a muture and trusted online chat service that parents will trust, kids will love, and grownups will migrate to. Even though Sony has showed a lot of stuff for next year already they have not even shown close to everything. Sony stil has several devs that have not announced projects yet for the PS3. It seems many stil can not accept the fact that Sony is the 3rd largest developer in the world, and all of their games are PS exclusive. Not only do they have that going for them, but the devs that actually want to push gameing forward are embracing the PS3. Team Ninja, Free Radicul, Rockstar, Epic, Square, and Konami are all very dedicated to putting great exclusives on the system to try and drive sales. These devs are trying to help people make the best purchase they can, by putting games on the console with the most future potintal.

Your posting reeks with fanboyism to an extreme, which is ok IF YOU GET THE FACTS RIGHT.

Seriously ok so gran turismo is a very big gaming franchise, with 11.5 million on a how big of selling gameing console? uhh 100 million so, that makes 10% attachement rate, which is indead a big game, but guess what, halo was 30%. Ok so from your arguement only gran turismo will be the system pusher, while meh halo 3 is nothing.

Your ps3 being cheaper then a premium is a joke, unless the tech world has something we have yet to see. If ps3 lowers its price, guess what microsoft will do...... BINGO you got it! Also you are basing that Blue ray will win this format war, id call it that its barely winning, and you cannot decide whos going to win yet, you just cant. Also your stating that the ps3 will drop to almost the ps2 price in 2 years, you have got to be joking......., ps2 is 150, and  it took how many years to do? And what did it start out at? not 600 im guessing, so a 400 dollar decrease in two years seems reasonable to you huh?

Wow its just so danm sad, do some math, use your brain. You do know how many consoles ps3 would have to sell to catch 360 by fall of 08? DO THE MATH? its ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE, unless it starts selling like the wii, and good luck with that.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Around the Network
Yojimbo said:
Rocketpig: The Pal version of PS3 have 65NMs and we got it in march. I Believe it is easier for PS3 do go down in price then 360. But 360 is much cheaper to produce now because it have been out longer. Microsoft seems to be slower in the hardware department and Sony seems better at that because Sony is hardware company. That is why I believe Sony will start with 45NMs before Microsoft. I dont believe either that ps3 will be 299$ in 08, I am hoping for 399$. The big question is does Japan/USA PS3s have 65NMs?

I wouldnt understand why microsoft would let sony get the edge, at all, they would never let ps3 drop below 360, would be a doom, and everyone at microsoft would know that.

Lost tears of Kain said:
Yojimbo said:

I wouldnt understand why microsoft would let sony get the edge, at all, they would never let ps3 drop below 360, would be a doom, and everyone at microsoft would know that.

I never said that PS3 would be cheaper then 360. It seems like Sony is doing their best do reduce ps3 cost because they are losing alot. While Microsoft is making money of the 360 hardware so it is higher priority for Sony. 

Yojimbo said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
Yojimbo said:

I never said that PS3 would be cheaper then 360. It seems like Sony is doing their best do reduce ps3 cost because they are losing alot. While Microsoft is making money of the 360 hardware so it is higher priority for Sony. 

Ahh, i see i have to agree, so im guessing your saying that once it goes to a certain point microsoft will lower as well i understand

Lost tears of Kain said:
Yojimbo said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
Yojimbo said:

Ahh, i see i have to agree, so im guessing your saying that once it goes to a certain point microsoft will lower as well i understand

Exactly

Yojimbo said:

When did they announce they had 65nm in a PS3?  I had not heard much on that since IBM mentioned they had their first 65nm Cell fab going at East Fishkill back in March but at that time those I thought were for IBM usage.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad