By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 recieves PERFECT 40/40 from Famitsu.

Slimebeast said:
twesterm said:
DTG said:
shio said:
It's Famitsu, who cares...

Famitsu is only the most influential gaming publication in japan and one of the most respected in the world. Think before you speak.

No, shio is quite right. Famitsu is beyond worthless in their review catagory.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/famitsu/famitsu-for-beginners-222494.php

They give out reviews based on what fans want. As I told everyone with their Haze review, even if they do happen to give MGS4 the score it deserves it doesn't matter. They still freely admit to giving out reviews based on what fans want.

When it came out that Gamespot did something similar everyone had their pitchforks handy, but since Famitsu is Japanse people are more forgiving for some odd reason.

Oh, so it's just like I had suspected.

Are these scores ever included in Gamerankings/Metacritic?

Gamerankings doesn't include Famitsu and I don't think Metacritic does though I generally don't like to use Metacritic because they'll take just about any review (which says a lot that they won't take Famitsu).

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
MANUELF said:
DTG said:
Torillian said:
They may be respected in the world in general, but not here DTG. Not from what I've seen, so expect more comments like Shio's.

What do people here have against Famitsu?

not is against Famitsu, is against their reviews, they review Nintendogs 40/40.

And how would you have made Nintendogs better?

It's not something I would buy, but if it does what it's supposed to perfectly, why not give it a high score?

I thought Nintendogs was a giant load of crap.

twesterm said:
Slimebeast said:
twesterm said:
DTG said:
shio said:
It's Famitsu, who cares...

Famitsu is only the most influential gaming publication in japan and one of the most respected in the world. Think before you speak.

No, shio is quite right. Famitsu is beyond worthless in their review catagory.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/famitsu/famitsu-for-beginners-222494.php

They give out reviews based on what fans want. As I told everyone with their Haze review, even if they do happen to give MGS4 the score it deserves it doesn't matter. They still freely admit to giving out reviews based on what fans want.

When it came out that Gamespot did something similar everyone had their pitchforks handy, but since Famitsu is Japanse people are more forgiving for some odd reason.

Oh, so it's just like I had suspected.

Are these scores ever included in Gamerankings/Metacritic?

Gamerankings doesn't include Famitsu and I don't think Metacritic does though I generally don't like to use Metacritic because they'll take just about any review (which says a lot that they won't take Famitsu).

well i dont think MC or GR count any jap reviewers

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

ya, FF12 got a perfect from famitsu, and it sucked.
still, i believe this will be a great game

@Phonex_wiight

FF12 sucked.....

{crosses our phoenix_wiights credibility}

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Phoenix_Wiight said:
ya, FF12 got a perfect from famitsu, and it sucked.
still, i believe this will be a great game

FFXII was a great game,and japs love rpg's it understandable that they gave it a 40/40

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

twesterm said:

There are a few Famitsu scores, OOT, DQVIII, FFXII, Wind Waker, GT4, probably more, but I am bored of looking.  It seems more likely that people just don't often submit Japanese reviews (if that is how metacritic works), than them not taking Famitsu.

im sorry, any true FF fan knows how bad FF12 was.

okay, it wasnt that bad, it was a pretty average game, but it sucked compared to the rest of the FF series. im pretty sure any FF fan would agree

^no, but nice try. Not all FF fans think alike. The first FF I played was Final Fantasy on NES. To many people the first one (and to a lot of people first RPG they ever played) was VII, and they think that's the best. Others think the best is 9, others like 8 better, and to each its own. Everybody has their own idea of what a "FF game should be". The truth is the is no such thing. Square reinvents the game every time they make a sequel. So when people say stuff like "this game doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy" that's nonsense, all they really mean is a particular game in the series doesn't feel like the type of Final Fantasy they like best. The medieval theme is shared by most of them, but this is true specially for the early first 5 games which also shared the "crystals story arc", most of them. The cartoony/anime style is also something most of them have in common, but just like the non-continuous stories, changing gameplay systems and different world settings is not something the series is tied into.

DTG said:
Torillian said:
They may be respected in the world in general, but not here DTG. Not from what I've seen, so expect more comments like Shio's.

What do people here have against Famitsu?

Their reviews used to be tough... but are currently some of the easiest out there.

Not that MGS4 doesn't desreve a 10/10. Just Famitsu is a pretty bad place to get reviews from.

They are way softer then most magazines.