By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Holy crap Wii is at 45.7%!!!

HOLY CRAP!

Does that mean 50% is right around the corner?!?!?!?!?!?!!!1111eleven

Around the Network

You weren't supposed to ruin this until rockon2008 showed up and whined everywhere.

When was the last time you had a beer anyway? For me it was August 24th, 2007.

Is this going to happen every time their market share increases by .1. I don't even know why pro Wii people would even care anymore. It seems like no matter what percentage of market share they have they are never going to get the kind of third party support a market leader should.

You can't start as a trainwreck. You can't even be a trainwreck without first flying down some tracks. You woke up a sleeping non-wrecked train and then knocked it out.

Damn, 2001?!??!?! Why'd it take you so long to boycott it then? I always hated beer but drank it anyway because ya know... it worked. But I finally gave up in October 2006, but then I cracked in August 2007 because I was in Japan and everybody everywhere would buy beer for the weird skinny American. Been clean ever since, sticking to whiskey and wine.

LongLiveTheBeatles said:
Is this going to happen every time their market share increases by .1. I don't even know why pro Wii people would even care anymore. It seems like no matter what percentage of market share they have they are never going to get the kind of third party support a market leader should.

I would guess after there are more wii's than ps360s third party support will be better. That is why passing 50% is so important. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
You weren't supposed to ruin this until rockon2008 showed up and whined everywhere.

When was the last time you had a beer anyway? For me it was August 24th, 2007.

December 2001.

And it's not possible to ruin a thread that is a train wreck to begin with. 

I feel you're gravely underestimating Rock_on.

LongLiveTheBeatles said:

Do I smell a hater amongst the crowd? *Sniff**Sniff*. Nah probably just a troll mixed with the aroma emanating from my ass.

Proud Owner of all 3 current-gen systems

Currently Playing:
SSBB, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, MKWii, GTA IV (360), MGS4, DQIV, Jeanne d'Arc, FFVII: Crisis Core, Chrono Trigger (PSX)

Mario Kart FC: 4897-6731-4375
SSBB FC: 1504-5406-8515
Wii Friends Code: 1020-2726-1535-3964

XBL:
PhatLaosBoi
PSN: PhatLaosBoi

85% is a good solid monopoly. Would still be some niche exclusives for other consoles, but few.

66% would probably ensure 80% of the major titles and exclusives.

As long as it doesn't fall below 40%, the will will get a decent amount of third party support and exclusives. It takes years for things to turn around, and so we are just starting to see that.

PS: I agree...  Don't need this every .1%...  even every 1% is a bit much, but would be so bad if it wasn't a whole new thread.  50% will be news worth... 

every little decimal helps getting up to 50% :)

RolStoppable said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Damn, 2001?!??!?! Why'd it take you so long to boycott it then? I always hated beer but drank it anyway because ya know... it worked. But I finally gave up in October 2006, but then I cracked in August 2007 because I was in Japan and everybody everywhere would buy beer for the weird skinny American. Been clean ever since, sticking to whiskey and wine.

It's really amazing how people want you to get to drink beer, if you say you don't want to. If I got €1 for every beer someone wanted to buy for me/give me for free, I would have earned enough money to buy a high end HDTV and surround system.

Yeah it's really weird.  They all take your decision as an insult to their decisions.  Many of my friends didn't even believe me when I told them I was done.  And every couple months now they buy some expensive imported beer I've never heard of, just to brag about how amazing it is, and each time they're offended I don't want any.  "But dude, this beer's the best in the world, it's not like those other beers you've tried before."

My old roommate was the worst.  He'd try to open a beer in front of me, and act like a fucking beer commercial, like it was the most refreshing thing in the world, as if I'd get jealous and crack.