By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Holy crap Wii is at 45.7%!!!

PhatLaosBoi said:
LongLiveTheBeatles said:
Is this going to happen every time their market share increases by .1. I don't even know why pro Wii people would even care anymore. It seems like no matter what percentage of market share they have they are never going to get the kind of third party support a market leader should.

Do I smell a hater amongst the crowd? *Sniff**Sniff*. Nah probably just a troll mixed with the aroma emanating from my ass.

No you're 100% correct I am being cynical, but really are you seeing many AAA games that aren't made by Nintendo? You're lucky the first party support is as strong as it is.

Honestly I'm just playing devil's advocate right now. If I'm really pissing you off I'll stop.

Around the Network
pichu_pichu said:
every little decimal helps getting up to 50% :)

True but at least try to hold off until you get to whole numbers. It's sort of ridiculous

Great isn't it?

LongLiveTheBeatles said:
PhatLaosBoi said:
LongLiveTheBeatles said:
Is this going to happen every time their market share increases by .1. I don't even know why pro Wii people would even care anymore. It seems like no matter what percentage of market share they have they are never going to get the kind of third party support a market leader should.

Do I smell a hater amongst the crowd? *Sniff**Sniff*. Nah probably just a troll mixed with the aroma emanating from my ass.

No you're 100% correct I am being cynical, but really are you seeing many AAA games that aren't made by Nintendo? You're lucky the first party support is as strong as it is.

Honestly I'm just playing devil's advocate right now. If I'm really pissing you off I'll stop.

Nintendo wouldn't be Nintendo had they not produce quality games for their systems. If thrid party developers would cease making throw-away games and start making some high budget quality games then maybe Nintendo wouldn't have to rely so much on their own games to sell their systems. The last Nintendo console (handheld not included since the DS has all the third party support in the world) to garner such massive third party support was the SNES and it seems as though we just might be heading back in that direction again. 

I apologize if my reply came off a little harsh but I was just trying to add some humor into it as well. Guess you didn't see it that way.  

Proud Owner of all 3 current-gen systems

Currently Playing:
SSBB, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, MKWii, GTA IV (360), MGS4, DQIV, Jeanne d'Arc, FFVII: Crisis Core, Chrono Trigger (PSX)

Mario Kart FC: 4897-6731-4375
SSBB FC: 1504-5406-8515
Wii Friends Code: 1020-2726-1535-3964

XBL:
PhatLaosBoi
PSN: PhatLaosBoi

PhatLaosBoi said:
LongLiveTheBeatles said:
PhatLaosBoi said:
LongLiveTheBeatles said:

No you're 100% correct I am being cynical, but really are you seeing many AAA games that aren't made by Nintendo? You're lucky the first party support is as strong as it is.

Nintendo wouldn't be Nintendo had they not produce quality games for their systems. If thrid party developers would cease making throw-away games and start making some high budget quality games then maybe Nintendo wouldn't have to rely so much on their own games to sell their systems. The last Nintendo console (handheld not included since the DS has all the third party support in the world) to garner such massive third party support was the SNES and it seems as though we just might be heading back in that direction again. 

I apologize if my reply came off a little harsh but I was just trying to add some humor into it as well. Guess you didn't see it that way.   

It's all good bro

Around the Network
pichu_pichu said:

but that is only if we are taking the laws of mathematics into account

Was it not Sir Physics whom said "What goes up, must come down" ?

Oh yes, you heard me correctly

tabsina said:
pichu_pichu said:

but that is only if we are taking the laws of mathematics into account

Was it not Sir Physics whom said "What goes up, must come down" ?

Oh yes, you heard me correctly

That just reminded me of Sony's transition from the PS2 to the PS3.

Oh yea, I went there. 

Proud Owner of all 3 current-gen systems

Currently Playing:
SSBB, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, MKWii, GTA IV (360), MGS4, DQIV, Jeanne d'Arc, FFVII: Crisis Core, Chrono Trigger (PSX)

Mario Kart FC: 4897-6731-4375
SSBB FC: 1504-5406-8515
Wii Friends Code: 1020-2726-1535-3964

XBL:
PhatLaosBoi
PSN: PhatLaosBoi

Beer is for pussies, I only drink things that are 50 GL or more.

Try this: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cacha%C3%A7a

So what is with the beer thing? I am missing some joke?

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

ItsaMii said:

Beer is for pussies, I only drink things that are 50 GL or more.

Try this: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cacha%C3%A7a

So what is with the beer thing? I am missing some joke?

i'll take a stab that it was in reference to rolstoppables beer boycott in his sig

i love how people wanna impose their opinions about what threads are acceptable to make...guess they only believe in freedom of speech when it pertains to them or to a topic that they personally approve of people can make a thread for every .1% increase if they want....just don't open them if they piss u off so much

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp