By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can MGS4 reach 7-10 mln. by the end of 2008 thnx to BUNDLE?

Again people, DON`T forget, that PS2 was HACKED and PS3 is NOT.
Moreover, MGS4 will define gaming for next several years, it`s a masterpiece! =)
Anyway, first few weeks sales will show what to expect. :)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

MGS4 will probably reach 6m, just beating the previous versions. IMO its max is 7m. BTW, that is for lifetime sales, definitely not in 2008. Maybe 3-4m in by end of year.

I severely doubt MGS4 will meet lifetime sales of that size.

@Crazzyman

360 is HACKED

look at its SW sales...sometime you make no sense

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

7 mil in a 20 mil user base... ha... soo it should sell week in week out more than the PS3 every week of this year???
i doubt it will have 4 mil lifetime sales

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
Moreover, MGS4 will define gaming for next several years, it`s a masterpiece! =)

This is a good point.  MGS4 will get twice as many sales as expected and end up with 7-10 million based on the fact that PS2 was HACKED and PS3 is NOT hacked BUT i NOTICED that IT is FUN to CAPITALIZE every OTHER word.

It helps convey the importance of what I'm saying.

CrazzyMan said:

Edge magazine said it was an 8/10. I think it is a masterpiece, but it's not for everyone.

This is Sony fanboys overcompensating for not having many exclusives.

They believe that because the PS3 is doing so well without any blockbuster exclusives, that when it gets one, surely it will dominate.

Fact is, the PS3 is doing well off speculation for said exclusives. Those "hardware mover" consoles have been being sold over the past few months. We've seen bigger and better exclusives in the recent past cause us great dissapointment on the hardware front, and the most hyped and best games seem to have less of an effect on hardware than the highest traditional console movers. As in Galaxy to Cart, or Gears to Halo.

It doesn't matter how good MGS4 is. As a hardware mover, it's not gonna do as well as you hope Crazzy. I'm sorry. I do hope it does do that well though, and I'm not kidding. I hope, but deep down inside, I know that it's impossible.

This isn't a movie. We need to realize that the effects of our favorite games don't always have the significant impact our reasoning says they should. The X factor. However, our reasoning in this case shouldn't say that MGS4 will be a significant console mover. Not on the heels of the GTAIV boom, and the fact that this generation, few games have had any legs when it comes to moving consoles consistantly. It's spread out over time, the benefit of the game. We'll see a weekly spike, a back to norm second week, and a "lol" from all the PS3 foeboys, because you guys are getting too excited and putting yourselves out there to be laughed at if you fail.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I think you are forgetting that MGS4 is PS3's first huge exclusive unlike Halo or Galaxy (well, the latter can possibly be argued about but Wii doesn't seem to need good games anyway). Otherwise I agree with you, mostly.

RolStoppable said:
No, it will fall short of 10m by at least 4m, because there aren't much more than 5.5m Metalgearboys in this world.

LMFAO. Shouldnt this thread be over and done with now?

CrazzyMan said:

Then Finding Nemo, for you, is a masterpiece. =))))))))

The highest this game will probably sell is 5-6 LTS. The bundled units won't affect sales. As a few people mentioned on this thread, the only people who are buying this bundle don't own a PS3 and maybe interested in picking up this bundle with MGS4 included.