By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I just noticed it, but Wii sales userbase are added by .1 percent weekly

Oyvoyvoyv said:
azrm2k said:

@Oyvoyvoyv 

Well then it averages out to .1 steps forward a week doesn't it?

No, +2 and then -1 is 1 over 2 weeks, which means that it moved .1 forward in two weeks, not 1.

That means it is moving roughly 0.05 forward a week.

Of course, this doesn't mean that it actually does move 0.05/week, it was just a way of saying that it didn't move steadily.

well wii just went up .1 when american sales got updated,with japan it has a shot to also go up another .1 so that means .2 in one week,and this is one of wiis low weeks in america,so that means next week it has a shot to go up even more then .2,so the average isnt 0.05 per week its more

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

It wont have happened by Christmas, but it will have before April next year.

And yeah, the weeks ive been paying attention the Wii goes up by 0.2 one week then 0.1 the next

Nintendo really struck lucky this gen....good on them

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

superchunk said:
Part of my reasoning to hold on to that prediction is

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&start=39236&end=39600

notice how Wii's trend, while continuously jumpin up and down, continues to slowly move up during the slowest part of the year. Plus, you add in the continued increase in supply and the massive amounts I think the Wii will outsell the PS360 this holiday...

I'm right. Wii will be greater than 50% by years end.

The thing is that we can (I have) work out the cap that Wii supply will be working to by the end of December, so without a further increase in production (MORE than 2.4 million per month!) they will not be able to supply more than 44 million Wii's by the end of the year.
(take away the remaining stock shelf as well, meaning about 43.5 million sales)

This means for your prediction to come true, PS3 + 360 will have to have a combined LTD of less than 43.5 million.

In the last 9 weeks of last year they both sold over 3 million... I think it is safe to say that the 360 will be at least 24 million, and the PS3 will be at least 20 million.

That is the worst case scenario for PS360, and best case for Wii... so I have a feeling you will be close but no cigar.

colonelstubbs said:
It wasn't luck at all. They had the best buisness strategy(disruption) that made them win.

Around the Network

Just to point out my sig to people that I've had up for a while now

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

colonelstubbs said:

its not luck,they had good ideas

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

It might increase like that but until it sells more then the PS3 + 360 it will never get to 50%. The Wii still only randomly spikes above the sales of its two rival consoles combined.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I guess we can just wait for Reggie to tell us when it will happen. He seems to know those kinds of things.

Grey Acumen has it pretty much spot on.