By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - EDGE REVIEW: Metal Gear Solid 4

rocketpig said:
Imperial said:
@rocketpig , read my edit.
While no review system is perfect, I challenge you to find a more accurate magazine than Edge. Sure, IMO they fucked up the Halo and GTA reviews but other than that, I find myself agreeing with them more than any other numerically-based review publication out there.

Uhm i know a more accurate person in reviewing instead of edge magazine.

And his name is, you probably guessed it, YAHTZEE. I agree with him on anything, and he is funny too.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Around the Network
Kratos said:
rocketpig said:
Imperial said:
While no review system is perfect, I challenge you to find a more accurate magazine than Edge. Sure, IMO they fucked up the Halo and GTA reviews but other than that, I find myself agreeing with them more than any other numerically-based review publication out there.

And his name is, you probably guessed it, YAHTZEE. I agree with him on anything, and he is funny too.

Hence my "numerically-based review publication" comment.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Kratos said:
rocketpig said:
Imperial said:

Hence my "numerically-based review publication" comment.

whoops, misread sorry about that :)

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

antfromtashkent said:
lol the biggest exclucive to date is an 8.0? thats a slap in the face....

You are funny guy.

OPM - 10/10

GamePro 10/10

Playstation Official Magazine UK - 10/10

Games Master UK 9,7/10

EuroGamer 8/10 but eurogamers sux :) 

End of 2k9

PS3 - 28,000,000

XO - 34,000,000

GT:ProChaoS360

so every thing isnt already going rosy for MGS4 already! :O

Around the Network
Imperial said:
rocketpig said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Haze on the PS3 is a much better game than Halo 3.

1. That's a load of shit.

2. Stop trolling.

I respect Edge. Other than their baffling 10/10s for the Halo series, I agree with most of their reviews. Yes, they're harsh, but true critics are supposed to be harsh. The highest scores should only be handed out to the greatest games, which MGS4 may not be. None of us have played it so stop bitching about scores to games you have never played.

In any case, I can't wait to play this game.

If they where harsh with Halo 3 then it certainly couldn't have scored anything more than 8/10 . They can't be consistently good reviewers if they happen to mess up on big games like Halo 3 but are fairly critical of MGS4.

I think the thing that makes Halo 3 rank higher than MGS4 with them is replay value. The replay value with Halo 3 is immense. People say CoD4 should be scored higher but CoD4 only tops it in certain areas in multiplayer. It's like how some movies can be watched over and over while others lose their flavor after the first viewing. I'm sure MGS4 has a great story but once the story is done what more is there to do? 

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Imperial said:

I won't accept a review score of less than 9/10 because I pretty much understand everything about the game you could understand without actualy playing it ( and that's alot) even if the gameplay sucks ( which I seriously dought it will) this game is incredible , the amount that's been put into this game probably surpasses every single game put out this gen. This is a game of seriously high qualtiy , that's why I don't even care what reviewers say about it , I won't accept a 9/10 from a reviewer because the game is a 10/10 in my own mind.

You can't give a game a 9/10 if the gameplay sucks! Gameplay is everything! I'm not saying MGS4 has bad gameplay (every other MGS game played great) but if it was plagued with horrible controls/gameplay no amount of technical achievement or incredible storytelling would be able to redeem the game's fault in that department.

Signature goes here!

kowenicki said:

I dont get the Sony fanboys on this site.... its pathetic.

You do not own the game yet!!!

Actually, if you look at all the outlandish bullshit, it's all from Rock_On.

We each have one. PS3:Rock_on. 360:Starcraft. I don't know who the crazy Wii fanboy is yet, they all seem more tame then those two. 

I think an 8/10 from EDGE is a good review. They place good games at 5, and work up or down based on expectations. MK Wii got a 6, AC got a 7.

They say in the final paragraph about MGS4:

"But it is faithful to its fans, its premise and its heart, delivering an experience that is, in so many ways, without equal"

Sounds good to me :)

kowenicki said:
Shameless said:
@Kowenicki

Your entire post history consists of trolling the PS3 or playstation fans whilst praising Microsoft. I wouldn't talk about hating fanboys if I were you.

Got numerous Sony products, more than you probably, PS3 on the way... Wii already.... how can i be a fanboy?

I have to agree with Shameless

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot