By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - EDGE REVIEW: Metal Gear Solid 4

Goddbless said:
Imperial said:
rocketpig said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Haze on the PS3 is a much better game than Halo 3.

1. That's a load of shit.

2. Stop trolling.

I respect Edge. Other than their baffling 10/10s for the Halo series, I agree with most of their reviews. Yes, they're harsh, but true critics are supposed to be harsh. The highest scores should only be handed out to the greatest games, which MGS4 may not be. None of us have played it so stop bitching about scores to games you have never played.

In any case, I can't wait to play this game.

If they where harsh with Halo 3 then it certainly couldn't have scored anything more than 8/10 . They can't be consistently good reviewers if they happen to mess up on big games like Halo 3 but are fairly critical of MGS4.

I think the thing that makes Halo 3 rank higher than MGS4 with them is replay value. The replay value with Halo 3 is immense. People say CoD4 should be scored higher but CoD4 only tops it in certain areas in multiplayer. It's like how some movies can be watched over and over while others lose their flavor after the first viewing. I'm sure MGS4 has a great story but once the story is done what more is there to do? 

How about MGO (even though its being reviewed as a other game).

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
@bigfatj

IGN gave it 9.9
CVG gave it 9.5
gamepro 10/10
GAME master 9.7/10

what are you talking about?

IGN didn't score it yet. IGN UK did, and gamerankings doesn't include every form of IGN, just the US one. Why should IGN get 10 votes simply because they issue different reviews (with different scores) for each territory?

Do you have a link to the GamePro and Game master reviews?

CVG? Are they one of the ones who copied OPM UK's review wholesale? http://www.ripten.com/2008/06/03/two-mgs4-reviews-two-authors-same-words-different-scores/

That one doesn't smell right. I wouldn't trust a review that was simply a duplication of another review.

Once IGN, 1up and Gamespot finally weigh in, we'll have more interesting scores.  It looks to me like the 10/10 reviews are coming from the inside -- that is, the official playstation magazines and other review sites owned by the same company (one of which is CVG).

bah, there goes the kitchen sink....

Kratos said:
Goddbless said:
Imperial said:
rocketpig said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

2. Stop trolling.

I respect Edge. Other than their baffling 10/10s for the Halo series, I agree with most of their reviews. Yes, they're harsh, but true critics are supposed to be harsh. The highest scores should only be handed out to the greatest games, which MGS4 may not be. None of us have played it so stop bitching about scores to games you have never played.

If they where harsh with Halo 3 then it certainly couldn't have scored anything more than 8/10 . They can't be consistently good reviewers if they happen to mess up on big games like Halo 3 but are fairly critical of MGS4.

I think the thing that makes Halo 3 rank higher than MGS4 with them is replay value. The replay value with Halo 3 is immense. People say CoD4 should be scored higher but CoD4 only tops it in certain areas in multiplayer. It's like how some movies can be watched over and over while others lose their flavor after the first viewing. I'm sure MGS4 has a great story but once the story is done what more is there to do?

How about MGO (even though its being reviewed as a other game).

Which is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

^yeah, I was asking about MGO the other day and nobody replied...Where are the MGO reviews???

Around the Network
Goddbless said:
Imperial said:
rocketpig said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

2. Stop trolling.

I think the thing that makes Halo 3 rank higher than MGS4 with them is replay value. The replay value with Halo 3 is immense. People say CoD4 should be scored higher but CoD4 only tops it in certain areas in multiplayer. It's like how some movies can be watched over and over while others lose their flavor after the first viewing. I'm sure MGS4 has a great story but once the story is done what more is there to do

Ummm...play through it again?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Magnific0 said:
^yeah, I was asking about MGO the other day and nobody replied...Where are the MGO reviews???

I have no idea. It looks like we won't get any for awhile, which is too bad. MGO was going to be the make or break on whether I bought or rented MGS4.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

EDGE, are strict reviewers, Metroid Prime 3 only got a 7 from them

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

@rocketpig do you really think I believe that? you're buying that game first day :P

The_God_of_War said:
8 out of 10? Sons of bitches.........then again, they gave Bioshock, Gears and MGS3 all 8 out of 10 and gave Halo 3 10 out of 10. EDGE do have a reputation for being very harsh.

edge = garbage many of thier other reviews have been pants also, gears & mgs3 were 9/10 games i dunno what they have been eating to give tip top games an 8/10.

they dont have a reputation for being harsh, its more they have a reputation of eating thier own Dung Balls

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...