By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - EDGE REVIEW: Metal Gear Solid 4

Magnific0 said:
@rocketpig do you really think I believe that? you're buying that game first day :P

I go back and forth on an hourly basis. I really hate the restrictions Konami put on reviewers and I'm still considering renting the game instead of buying.

Dunno, I'll make a decision Monday (which is when I'll have to return my copy of DMC4 to get MGS4 on time). 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Well, the MGO starter pack is included in MGS4, but there is no mention of MGO in any of the reviews. It's rather odd, but if you think about it, you can't review MGO if there's no one to play with.

Usually low scores from Edge means I like the game better. Dunno why.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

colonelstubbs said:
Goddbless said:

I think the thing that makes Halo 3 rank higher than MGS4 with them is replay value. The replay value with Halo 3 is immense. People say CoD4 should be scored higher but CoD4 only tops it in certain areas in multiplayer. It's like how some movies can be watched over and over while others lose their flavor after the first viewing. I'm sure MGS4 has a great story but once the story is done what more is there to do?

Ummm...play through it again?

MGO, the starter pack (which is alot more than what the beta offers) is enough reply value and is packed within the game. MGO is like MGS4 with some COD4 and Socom added. Other than that, there is a ranking system, higher difficulties and weapons that cannot be bought from the first playthrough.

TheRealMafoo said:
kowenicki said:

I dont get the Sony fanboys on this site.... its pathetic.

You do not own the game yet!!!

Actually, if you look at all the outlandish bullshit, it's all from Rock_On.

We each have one. PS3:Rock_on. 360:Starcraft. I don't know who the crazy Wii fanboy is yet, they all seem more tame then those two.

Pray tell, what "outlandish bullshit" have I spouted recently (or hell, ever)?  

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

hoe do you guys give cred to playstation magazines of course they gon say 10\10 thats nothing new for magazines

It's amazing how many people are convinced that MGS4 deserves a perfect score without ever having played a single moment of it. Not everybody likes Metal Gear Solid, surprisingly enough. Some people even dislike certain kinds of food that you totally love! Something is WRONG with this world!

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

starcraft said:
TheRealMafoo said:
kowenicki said:

I dont get the Sony fanboys on this site.... its pathetic.

You do not own the game yet!!!

Actually, if you look at all the outlandish bullshit, it's all from Rock_On.

We each have one. PS3:Rock_on. 360:Starcraft. I don't know who the crazy Wii fanboy is yet, they all seem more tame then those two.

Pray tell, what "outlandish bullshit" have I spouted recently (or hell, ever)?  

Recently you have been fairly tame.Only a little trolling in the MGS forums. It seems 3 bans have had there intended effect. :)

If the game review site is outside of America it has no credibility. Edge is European based, well that says it all. Edge = no credibility. Their pathetic troll review on MGS 4 proves it.

Obviously Edge is attention seeking with this harsh review of MGS 4. 

Rock_on_2008 said:

If the game review site is outside of America it has no credibility. Edge is European based, well that says it all. Edge = no credibility. Their pathetic troll review on MGS 4 proves it.

Obviously Edge is attention seeking with this harsh review of MGS 4.

Well, that is true.  Looking at the numbers, there are exactly 250 million people living in the United States.  If you take that as an expression of hundreds of millions (2.5) and multiply that by the number of the Metal Gear Solid game in question (4), you get 10.  This mathematically proves beyond all doubt that any review score of less than a perfect 10 is either clearly biased or is positioned as some kind of "joke" or "troll" review.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.