By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is with the boycotting?

Ubi has $1.2B to bleed. It'll be a long time 'till they go out of biz.

Around the Network

I'm not trying to be harsh here but do you expect no companies to release shit games for cash on the Wii? The majority of the base is causal gamers and quality isn't very important to them; so in turn people will exploit this fact for more revenue whenever they can. I do agree though the Wii owners that do care about he quality of games on their console should boycott the shovelware.

Ssyn....can open, worms everywhere....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Ssyn said:
I'm not trying to be harsh here but do you expect no companies to release shit games for cash on the Wii? The majority of the base is causal gamers and quality isn't very important to them; so in turn people will exploit this fact for more revenue whenever they can. I do agree though the Wii owners that do care about he quality of games on their console should boycott the shovelware.

It wasn't the shit games. It was that it looks as though the shit games is all that the Wii is getting from ubisoft (save for possibly RRR3).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I don't get the whole situation..
First "I blame Wii Fit" now "Boycott Ubisoft!"
What's next? Huh?

This boycott doesn't make any sense, if they don't want to create any epic games for a Wii, then they won't and you might as well shut the hell up.
It's like blaming Namco for creating JAPANESE XBOX360 EXCLUSIVE (The Idolmaster series). They just want to boost hardware sales (yes, I am aware that usually it wasn't significiant). Wii doesn't need any boost because it's already selling like hotcakes. That's why they all throw crap there, cheap source of $$$. Don't expect any hardcore AAA titles for it like GTA. That what X360 and PS3 are for.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Hahahhaa LMAO @ Bokal. Welcome to the Chartz, scumbag. I'm the most hardcore gamer in the universe, and I only have a Wii. If you claim to be more hardcore than me, post your pictures of you posing naked with your gaming paraphernalia.

That's just wrong....I think you are thinking of a different type of hardcore.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

TheSwordUser said:
I don't get the whole situation..
First "I blame Wii Fit" now "Boycott Ubisoft!"
What's next? Huh?

This boycott doesn't make any sense, if they don't want to create any epic games for a Wii, then they won't and you might as well shut the hell up.
It's like blaming Namco for creating JAPANESE XBOX360 EXCLUSIVE (The Idolmaster series). They just want to boost hardware sales (yes, I am aware that usually it wasn't significiant). Wii doesn't need any boost because it's already selling like hotcakes. That's why they all throw crap there, cheap source of $$$. Don't expect any hardcore AAA titles for it like GTA. That what X360 and PS3 are for.

It's true...with the way the Wii has been selling this boycott won't do much. Little girls will still ask for those babiez games. They will still make a profit off the shovelware, it's just now everyone will be aware of the situation. If this boycott is anything like the ones the Sony fanboys did against Capcom it will die down soon enough.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo