By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamespot- guitar hero metallica coming quarter 1 '09.

brute said:
i think they are making to many guitar heros to fast

agreed. I think they should sell a Metallica pack via downloadable with a bunch of Metallica songs and/or some associated gameplay modes instead of rushing out band specific "expansions" out to retail for $30 to $50.

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII

Around the Network
Spire_VII said:
brute said:

agreed. I think they should sell a Metallica pack via downloadable with a bunch of Metallica songs and/or some associated gameplay modes instead of rushing out band specific "expansions" out to retail for $30 to $50.

yeah I will go with that.

Snesboy said:
brute said:

indeed they are. they should have done it like this:

Guitar Hero [ps2] 2005

Guitar Hero 2 [ps2, 360] 2006

Guitar Hero 3 [everything] 2007

Guitar Hero 4 [everything] 2008

and then a GH Metallica in 2009

remember they also released guitar hero rock the 80's and will soon release guitar hero aerosmith

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Yes! great news. Metallica is my favorite band. Hopefully we get some more news on this soon or this thread will quickly derail into the usual
-no Load or Reload songs, because they sold out on those albums
-Kirk Hammet sucks, too much wah pedal
-Megadeth is better
-they sued napster
nothing you cry about on message boards is going to make them do Master of Puppets 2!

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

Activision can suck my balls. Exactly when are they going to stop whoring out GH?

GH IV is supposed to have DLC for all three current consoles. There is no excuse to keep releasing retail discs like this and milking customers.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Activision can suck my balls. Exactly when are they going to stop whoring out GH?

GH IV is supposed to have DLC for all three current consoles. There is no excuse to keep releasing retail discs like this and milking customers.

Boycott!

I give this thread a 9.2.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Damn this I must buy when it comes out.

Master of Puppets!!!!

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Just to clarify we get

Guitar Hero III - 10/07

Guitar Hero Aerosmith - 06/08

Guitar Hero World Tour - 10/08 (considered GH4, next in main series)

Guitar Hero Metallica - Q1 09

That'll be 4 fully priced games (Aerosmith/Metallica are considered spinoffs but will probably cost full price like Rock the 80s) in around 15 months! Talk about whoring out a franchise. And it would be pretty foolish not to assume with that strategy that GH5 will be out 10/09. At this rate GH13 will be released before FF13....

I guess it's good news for fans of Metallica but personally I think i'll stick with Rock Band. The massive DLC means they'll put out a similar quantity of music if not more when all is said and done but I can pick and choose which songs to grab.

The only problem I forsee is that when GH:Aerosmith was announced it came out that they signed an exclusive deal with Activision barring any further Aerosmith songs on Rock Band (until the deal expires at least). If Activision does this with Metallica and more bands it's gonna suck.

rocketpig said:

yes they are just releasing to many

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Hey, don't forget Guitar Hero DS!

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com