By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what is everyone's top 10 rpg's of all time?

here are my top 10 rpg's :    1. lost odyssey    2. final fantasy 8   3. final fantasy 10   4. legend of dragoon   5. grandia 3   6. grandia 2   7. star wars:knights of the old republic   8. star ocean 3    9. dragon quest 8   10. mass effect

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

Why no Chrono Trigger or Planescape Torment in that list?

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

1Chrono Trigger
2 Final Fantasy VI
3 Baldur's Gate II
4 Skies of Arcadia
5 Final Fantasy IV
6 Golden Sun
7SMRPG
8Final Fantasy X
9The world Ends with you.
10Pokemon Gold

Edit: New improved list. Probably will change again.(:

1.Chrono Trigger

2.Kingdom Hearts/Kingdom Hearts II

3.Final Fantasy X

4.Earthbound

5.Chrono Cross

6.Lost Odyssey

7.Final Fantasy XII

8.Fable

9.Star Ocean:Till the End of Time

10.Dragon Quest VIII

I was making a bet with myself if someone would put up a list first, or just question yours. I lost the bet to myself.....

FFVII
FFVIII
Persona 3
Earthbound
Super Mario RPG
Xenosaga
Disgaea
KH2
Shadow Hearts (can't remember if I liked first or second one best)
Star Ocean 3

Around the Network

ive only played 1 RPG that i like, and thats Fable!

1. Kingdom Hearts
2. Kingdom Hearts 2
3. Kotor
4. Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
5. Paper Mario
6. Eternal Sonata
7. Mass Effect
8. Oblivion

Those are really the only RPGs I've ever gotten into.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

1. Final Fantasy 6 ---- Nothing come close in terms of the STORY & MUSIC..NOTHING!

2. Pokemon Gold ---- Not only did it have the best pokemon....but the best region..n even though technically its crime putting this before my next one (CT) but it was my childhood favorite!

3. Chrono Trigger ---- what didn;t this game have....kick ass characters...great story...great music...time travelling was very cool & offered a new depth to the gameplay...oh yes THE GAMEPLAY was awesome!!

4. Final Fantasy 10 ---- WOW were the ony words while playing this game on PS2...it set the bar for grfx..story telling..CGI & music

5. Star Wars : Knights of the old republic --- BIG star wars & actually a decent game for once was like an oasis in a desert

6. Elder Scrolls IV : Oblvivion --- AWESOME...first Elder Scrolls game...made me feel like I'm in LOTR and everything about it was awesome...was great in the first dry year the PS3 had.

7. Final Fantasy 12 ---- THis one truly amazed me due to the Voice Overs being awesome, the story being star wars like & ofcourse I loved the battle system..it has great characters as well

8. Dragon Quest 8 --- This was the first EU release for this series....and it was really good with nice cell-shaded graphics.

9. Final Fantasy 7 --- Infinitely over-rated however it definetely was the BEST on the PS1...at the time I was truly amazed by it.

10. Final Fantasy 4 --- I wasn't very old then but this was one of the first RPG's I played....and I loved FF since then.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

sc94597 said:
1Chrono Trigger
2 Final Fantasy VI
3 Baldur's Gate II
4 Skies of Arcadia
5 Final Fantasy IV
6 Golden Sun
7SMRPG
8Final Fantasy X
9The world Ends with you.
10Pokemon Gold