By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo $50 price reduction

This is simple. Can you imagine if Nintendo actually reduces $50 dollars out of wii's price tag? I don't like to take sides or anyting, but I cannot help to wonder what will be of this console war if nintendo actually does that? I mean, every other console have had some sort of price cut but the wii. will it destroy all the other companies? will it have no responce from public? will it make it a fad?

not a fan but a gamer

Around the Network

The sales would be the same because the Wii's are still outsold...It only would give Ninteno less profit...

Edit: Welcome on the forum btw.

But that cannot last for ever!!

not a fan but a gamer

well it would only help its sales in japan and some parts of europe since wii is still sold out at alot of places

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

jhonip said:
But that cannot last for ever!!

When it stops, the price drop will make it start again.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Nintendo's already heads and bounds ahead of the competition sales-wise, a price reduction will not be needed for at least another year, probably more.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles fan for life. <3

jhonip said:

This is simple. Can you imagine if Nintendo actually reduces $50 dollars out of wii's price tag? I don't like to take sides or anyting, but I cannot help to wonder what will be of this console war if nintendo actually does that? I mean, every other console have had some sort of price cut but the wii. will it destroy all the other companies? will it have no responce from public? will it make it a fad?

Is this a joke?  Until Nintendo's supply exceeds the demand, there'd be no point to a price drop.  The Wii is already destroying its competition, so there's little left to imagine.

@allthehoneys

but if he wants to do real damage it can saturate the market with wiis.

not a fan but a gamer

jhonip said:
@allthehoneys

but if he wants to do real damage it can saturate the market with wiis.

Hmmm care to explain?  I think I fail to understand what you mean with that.

Nintendo is currently focusing on meeting demand in the USA, as well as setting aside some stock for the launch in China and India.

After doing this, they will start releasing new colours to keep demand for the Wii high, expect black, pink, red and blue first.

Only then will a price cut be considered