By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Put: 'Boycot Ubisoft' in your sig!

Vanadium2k8 said:
psrock said:
Neos said:
I don't even know why people like psrock(who is obviously a child himself by looking at his true quality posts) even bother looking at this thread. This is about boycotting, and it's about agreeing with it, if you don't agree with it, go to your boring sony forums, but don't post in this thread.

you obviously havent read my post, i am one the few sony fan who support your cause, but i just wish you'd take it further. As much as you guys complain about Ubisoft, they throw in more games than most other developers.

How many SE games have been announced for the wii, Epic, EA,  and the rest. The truth is, for such a successful console, it's not getting the support yet.

EA gave us Medal of Honor Heroes 2, which is sadly, the Wii's best online FPS. As well as SSX, which is a great snowboarding game. Square-Enix has given FFCC: My Life as a King, which's support destroys PS3's nothing, and 360's Final Fantasy XI which is multi with the PS2, there's also Chocobo Mystery Dungeon, but that hasn't released in the west yet.

And this is compared to Ubisoft's... Well you gotta admit they haven't made any decent games at all for the Wii, there's Rayman Raving Rabbids but even that game is disappointing.

But SE's main support is to PS3 with their two biggest titles going there V XIII and XIII

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Vanadium2k8 said:
psrock said:
Neos said:
I don't even know why people like psrock(who is obviously a child himself by looking at his true quality posts) even bother looking at this thread. This is about boycotting, and it's about agreeing with it, if you don't agree with it, go to your boring sony forums, but don't post in this thread.

you obviously havent read my post, i am one the few sony fan who support your cause, but i just wish you'd take it further. As much as you guys complain about Ubisoft, they throw in more games than most other developers.

How many SE games have been announced for the wii, Epic, EA,  and the rest. The truth is, for such a successful console, it's not getting the support yet.

EA gave us Medal of Honor Heroes 2, which is sadly, the Wii's best online FPS. As well as SSX, which is a great snowboarding game. Square-Enix has given FFCC: My Life as a King, which's support destroys PS3's nothing, and 360's Final Fantasy XI which is multi with the PS2, there's also Chocobo Mystery Dungeon, but that hasn't released in the west yet.

And this is compared to Ubisoft's... Well you gotta admit they haven't made any decent games at all for the Wii, there's Rayman Raving Rabbids but even that game is disappointing.

But SE's main support is to PS3 with their two biggest titles going there V XIII and XIII

Agreed, but in no way is SE's support for the Wii comparable to Ubisoft's. To think so would be disrespectful to Square-Enix. ;)

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million

Munkeh111 said:
Vanadium2k8 said:
psrock said:
Neos said:

How many SE games have been announced for the wii, Epic, EA, and the rest. The truth is, for such a successful console, it's not getting the support yet.

You're missing the point. What we ask for is not the majority of the support. This could go to the HD consoles for all i care. 

But how would you feel if Capcom came out and said "We're considering putting another version of Monster Hunter 3 on the PS3 and offer quality products." and a year later all you got was a bunch of shovelware titles with the excuse that they "wanted to fund Wii titles so PS3 owners please enjoy the pile of crap we served you"?  

Some people brought up other developers and their crap games on the Wii but the fact is some developers just suck. The thing that is irritating about Ubisoft is that they are capable of making good games but are choosing not to do it on the Wii, which is simply insulting to the owners of the system who feel they are deserving of the developers best efforts.

Oh well, if and when they ever actually release a top notch game on the Wii game i'll have a look, but going by their announcements of the last few days i think Ubisoft will be waiting a long time before they get any of my hard earned cash.

I find it hard to believe that Ubisoft is doing this because the company executives actually believe shovelware is the right way to go on the Wii. My guess is something within Ubisoft has gone seriously wrong, and that they're in thrash mode trying to generate cash to stay alive. Perhaps they underestimated the cost of development for PS3 and 360 and are desperate to get anything out the door, no matter how poorly done, just to keep paying the bills.

Does anyone know what their current financial condition looks like?

Around the Network
.:Dark Prince:. said:
Munkeh111 said:
Vanadium2k8 said:
psrock said:
Neos said:

How many SE games have been announced for the wii, Epic, EA, and the rest. The truth is, for such a successful console, it's not getting the support yet.

You're missing the point. What we ask for is not the majority of the support. This could go to the HD consoles for all i care. 

But how would you feel if Capcom came out and said "We're considering putting another version of Monster Hunter 3 on the PS3 and offer quality products." and a year later all you got was a bunch of shovelware titles with the excuse that they "wanted to fund Wii titles so PS3 owners please enjoy the pile of crap we served you"?  

I dont care if some people make the mistake of buying crap titles if they are able to make a great game on another platform. Of course companies lie, do you think Ubi want to say, we are going to make crap titles that you should not really buy?

There it is. F'king cheap bastards. Nintendo-quality games on Wii... LOL!

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Munkeh111 said:
.:Dark Prince:. said:
Munkeh111 said:
Vanadium2k8 said:
psrock said:
Neos said:

I dont care if some people make the mistake of buying crap titles if they are able to make a great game on another platform. Of course companies lie, do you think Ubi want to say, we are going to make crap titles that you should not really buy?

"Everyone does it" is an excuse, not a solution. A broken promise is still a broken promise.

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million

Can I put "Wii Boycott!" instead?

Like I like Ubisoft...and the way you guys are making this is that you have to chose one or another

I love Ubisoft nowadays. 10 years ago they made quite obscure or low-budget games if I remember correctly. Today they make many big budget AAA titles.

Far Cry 2 looks awesome.