By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii "Best Price" (Players' Choice) launches in Japan

great, hope it comes here, now I don't have to buy the game used, which I hate

Around the Network

Hopefully this come to America.

^o it will def come to america the question is when

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

thats good news, can't wait until it comes here

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't started a Player's Choice lineup for Wii in America yet... the system's been out for over a year and a half and has several million seller titles.  Launch titles like Twilight Princess and Excite Truck still go for a full $50 at retail, the only games that have gotten cheaper are third party offerings like Red Steel and the first Rayman RR game.  I'm still waiting to pick up Twilight Princess and Paper Mario but I refuse to pay full price for games that are a year or more old... I mean the 360 had its Platinum lineup of games out less than a year after it launched, and the GC had it's players choice line of titles about a year after launch so we definitely should see a similar drop for the Wii by this fall at the absolute latest.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

^im thinking ninty might bring it to america around the holidays,so it could even help them more,cause thats the time when parents buy cheaper games

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
^im thinking ninty might bring it to america around the holidays,so it could even help them more,cause thats the time when parents buy cheaper games

That's what I was thinking. That seems like the best timing. Earlier I was saying Capcom was the king when comes to milking titles, with all their re-makes, re-releases, ports, semi-sequels/prequels(see SF) and now it just occurred to me that nobody in the gaming industry knows how to milk profits like Nintendo. Damn! Those crafty bastards!

brute said:

Why?  The Wii is still sold out in some places.  Brining out that lineup now would be undercutting people who would buy these games full price but don't have the system to do it!

For all the Americans wanting RE4, it's $28.63 from Family Video.

konnichiwa said:
Sad that games like no more heroes never will make it and games like Carnival games will...

That would likely be up to Ubisoft, and the title for this list is "Best Price", not "Best Selling".

brawl4life said:
CDiablo said:
kingofwale said:
I wonder if RE4 will break the record for most re-release in the history of video game.

That title has to belong to RE2, I have beat that game on PS2(only 1 of the 2 versions), N64 and DC.I have yet to complete it on GC but I have a copy.

you sure that title doesn't belong to Street Fighter 2 ?! It even released in virtual console and xblive >.>

Someone counted, and SFII is close, but it's Tetris by a mile. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs