By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Deus Ex: Invisible War: Why don't all consoles have full BC?

Welp, this is an Xbox Original that I completely missed, but I hear it's a great game. I plug it in my 360 and find out that, "We're not fully BC with the original Xbox yet."

As much as the 360 costs, it should freakin' come with an original Xbox, if they can't make it full BC.

I'm sure there is an argument about "It's harder than it sounds." I don't really care. The fact is, Backwards Compatibility is a very important feature to me. It won't stop me from playing my 360, but it will make me rant on these forums about it, and whine, and degrade Microsoft, cause WTF man?

It's an Xbox game.

The fact that the Xbox 360 is still missing numerous titles from its BC list significantly hinders its library advantage, imo, and as a consumer I expect a little less of Microsoft than I did before. No Project Snowblind, no Deus Ex. My guess, as an angry consumer, is this has something to do with some games being released as XBL originals, and instead of giving us the what I'm sure is 10 or so hours worth of work it would take to make the game BC, they want us to buy it again and download it for 6 GBs.

I will stab you in your face Xbox 360. I will stab you like you stabbed me in my foot, and this time I mean business.

After I bought the game on Ebay assuming that 360 was fully BC(who wouldn't, since they dropped support of the original Xbox) needless to say, shocked cat is shocked.

I'm not pulling out my original Xbox, screw that. I don't even have a controller for it anymore, fyi. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

yeah they release new updates to add more BC but it isnt full yet

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Yep. They have around Monthly updates where a patch is released to run games.

It's pretty stupid, but it's getting there atleast.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

i think you should also try the original dues ex,the game is awesome,i havent won it but it rocks so far

"why don't all consoles have full backwards compatability"

I think the Wii is excused, having 3 cartridge slots for NES, SNES and N64 games would be kinda unsightly

Around the Network

^thats why it has the VC

brute said:
^thats why it has the VC

But that cost money and your collection can not be played without re-purchasing the title.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
brute said:
^thats why it has the VC

But that cost money and your collection can not be played without re-purchasing the title.

Yeah, but for at least one generation, I mean.

If the 360 is eventually gonna have full BC then that's one thing, but geez, 360 and Xbox even used the same kinda disc, so I just don't understand why they couldn't go ahead and do the whole library, grind it out or whatever.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Cos it costs time (and thus money to provide backwards compatibility, and so they don't bother for some games)

ZenfoldorVGI said:
outlawauron said:
brute said:
^thats why it has the VC

Yeah, but for at least one generation, I mean.

If the 360 is eventually gonna have full BC then that's one thing, but geez, 360 and Xbox even used the same kinda disc, so I just don't understand why they couldn't go ahead and do the whole library, grind it out or whatever.

As much as i'd like to mock M$ about the subject, i have to say, that emulating CISC code on RISC processor isn't actually easy. As far as i know about the subject, it's a little like trying to fit 120 cm object through one meter window. And some games are easier to emulate than others. But then again, before PS2, we hadn't seen BC console in 15 years. But since BC is considered as standard today, it really sucks that 360 BC sucks (but hey, it's still better than PS3:s BC).

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.