By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
windbane said:
Snesboy said:
shanbcn said:
With just 31 reviews GTAIV could have got 100% score. So Ocarina is hardly the best game ever.

**** you.

He's right. Don't be an idiot.

No he's not right.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
windbane said:
Snesboy said:
shanbcn said:
With just 31 reviews GTAIV could have got 100% score. So Ocarina is hardly the best game ever.

**** you.

No he's not right.

Review websites can not determine the "best game ever."

windbane said:
trestres said:
windbane said:
Snesboy said:
shanbcn said:

**** you.

No he's not right.

The fact that review sites can't determine "best game" has nothing to do with that guy being right. He's obviously not, and even if he were, you can't call people idiots for disagreeing with your opinion....well you CAN, but you shouldn't.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

it doesnt matter for me wats on top,but SMG,GTA4 and OoT deserve to be the top three rated games

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

ZenfoldorVGI said:
windbane said:
trestres said:
windbane said:
Snesboy said:
shanbcn said:

**** you.

No he's not right.

The fact that review sites can't determine "best game" has nothing to do with that guy being right. He's obviously not, and even if he were, you can't call people idiots for disagreeing with your opinion....well you CAN, but you shouldn't.

I didn't call anyone an idiot; I said don't be one. He said F you to someone. Ocarina is hardly the best game ever (just because gamerankings has it as the highest percentage) is the point I thought was being made. Anything else is just opinion. The first sentence is absolutely correct, though. GTA IV has more perfect reviews than OoT has total. The comparison of .01% difference is hardly fair.

Around the Network
windbane said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
windbane said:
trestres said:
windbane said:
Snesboy said:
shanbcn said:

**** you.

No he's not right.

I didn't call anyone an idiot; I said don't be one. He said F you to someone. Ocarina is hardly the best game ever (just because gamerankings has it as the highest percentage) is the point I thought was being made. Anything else is just opinion. The first sentence is absolutely correct, though. GTA IV has more perfect reviews than OoT has total. The comparison of .01% difference is hardly fair.

And I told you Metroid Prime has more than GTAIV does so stop being argumentative regarding a topic you claim is insignificant anyway.

You're agruing the matter of 0.01% not being fair if it doesn't matter, why debate it so staunchly?

It sounds to me like you don't want OoT listed as number more so than you really care about the methedology beind the ranking.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

windbane said:
Viper1 said:
windbane said:
GTA IV has more perfect scores than OoT has reviews. I love that people claim reviewers were payed off, and yet say nothing of the terrible reviews that come in a month after the game comes out just to get hits for their site. That's a phenomenon that did not occur when OoT came out.

But whatever...Rock N' Roll Racing is the best game ever.

And Metroid Prime has more perfect scores than GTAIV does....so what's your point?

The point is obvious. .01% difference of an aggregate review site doesn't say anything, Those sites are used to weed out terrible games, not determine which game is the best ever. If Metroid Prime does indeed have more, then perhaps it is a better game. OoT did not have many reviewers and did not come out in the age of internet review sites getting traffic through a thrown-together website meant only to write stupid reviews.

And I already responded to you, Viper9. I said the same things when GTA IV was on top. In my opinion, The Orange Box (PC) is the best videogame, but that really has no bearing on my point. You are saying Metroid Prime has as much a claim at the title with its 91 reviews versus OoT's 31, and I would agree with you.

Personally I think the current review system is full of fail such that aggregates regardless of difference in score percentage are completely incomparable.

They don't have the same number of review scores, they don't have the same reviewers for each game and the exaggerated review scale inflates the review value of current games over past games (back when a 50% meant average, not 75% like today).

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I agree that 50% should be average like EGM used to do before they changed to letters.

it deserves it, it was fun with great puzzles and it can be enjoyed by everyone.