By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Some 360 and Wii stats based off MetaCritic.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Left 4 Dead is a new Valve game with teams fighting a zombie invasion.

I'm not much of a hardware dude, but I'm pretty sure I could run everything but Crysis for under a grand.

Left 4 Dead sound like it might be pretty cool, might have to read up on it. Valve makes pretty good stuff. I like Steam as well. Think that is where the industry is headed. Best for all of us(Except Gamestop). You could run the games on a $1000 system, not very well, and it would not produce particularly pretty pictures. And it is also $1000, over twice as much as a 360. But you could make the argument that you could use the PC for more than gaming. You obviously can already do all those things. All additional purchases would be for the sake of gaming. Unless your profession demands it.

And it just occurred to me that 360/pc games could pretty much be called Microsoft exclusives.  Windows is the predominant gaming platform for PCs(DirectX and such).  So in some form or other, when you are playing these games you have given Microsoft money.   

Around the Network

Is Left4Dead going to come ou on X360 or PS3?

JaggedSac said:
"Wii: 3982-3539-5418-1048 Brawl: 2664-1863-6511 Kart: 1633-5238-8894 Dr. Mario: 1661-1773-3090" - WTF?? LOL!!
WTF LOL to you too, dick.

JaggedSac said:
"If you only count EXCLUSIVES 95 and up, Wii has 1 and 360 has none." - WTF?? LOL!!

It's true. Didn't you start this thread and look at all the numbers? Every game at 95 or higher on the 360 is a multiplatform game. I can play your best games without a 360, but you can't get my delicious exclusive Galaxy.

JaggedSac said:
"360 has nothing like Galaxy, Wii Sports, and Wii Fit." - Galaxy is good, Sports is fecal matter on a stick, and WiiFit is similar to a treadmill.
You don't like the 2 most important games of this generation. That's fine by me. It doesn't change the fact that they're unique gaming experiences and can only be played on the Wii. You're the one prancing around bragging about MetaCritic numbers, but disregarding unique gaming experiences you can't play. I can play your games. You can't play mine.

JaggedSac said:
"You've got the most revolutionary platformer GAMEPLAY-WISE of all time, the most revolutionary motion-controlled sports collection of all time, the most revolutionary balance-measuring game controller and exercise program of all time." - Arcades have had these controls for a while now. Perhaps you should categorize that it is revolutionary to console games.
I'm calling bullshit. Give me examples of arcade games that play like Galaxy, Wii Sports, or Wii Fit.

JaggedSac said:
"the most revolutionary balance-measuring game controller and exercise program of all time" - WTF?? LOL!! LOL!! LOL!!

I have a balance board. There is no controller in the world like it. What part of "revolutionary" don't you understand? About 7 games have been announced for it in under a week. It's outselling the PS3 and getting a lot of support.

What gives, Dick Sandwich here doesn't like new ideas? WTF LOL LOL LOL!!!

lol!  You're goin' crazy with those multi-quotes now that you know how to do them!  I still need to go back to that thread and learn how to do it myself.

Slimebeast said:
Is Left4Dead going to come ou on X360 or PS3?

360/PC

We could probably just go ahead and start calling 360/PC - The Microsoft Platform.

Around the Network

lol...we could. But will apple users accept that? Even thought most run windows/osx dual boot...they will never admit that their system is a microsoft platform.

dolemit3 said:
Conclusion: if you're looking for a system with the best and most diverse game library you will own the 360.

TAke the word diverse out of that and I might agree. 

^yeah your right,the 360 doesnt have the most diverse library

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

So 360 has the most games, Wii has the most exclusives, 360 has the highest average rated games (due to having the most games due to the yearlong headstart which they totally wasted), but they're not exclusive and I can get them on my PC.

Since you like playing with metacritic numbers, let's count "good" exclusives, so we won't count exclusive shovelware.

Halo 3 and Forza Motorsport 2 are the only 2 games rated 90 or higher that are exclusive to the 360.

Wii's got Galaxy, Brawl, and Corruption.

BAM, 3 to 2 lead in exclusives over 90.

Exclusives are the only games that affect purchase decisions.

That's not really true.  Your average Joe Consumer is not going to sit and scrupulously compare which games are on each shelf and compare that to each other shelf.  It's libraries that sell games, which includes available multiplat titles.  That's why the neither the 360 nor the Ps3 is dead, despite the Wii's mile long lead in exclusives this year.  (At least the first half of the year. We'll have to wait until E3 to see about the rest.)

Zucas said:
dolemit3 said:
Conclusion: if you're looking for a system with the best and most diverse game library you will own the 360.

TAke the word diverse out of that and I might agree.

The library as presently constituted is not all that diverse, but its lineup of games for this year certainly is.  Out of all the hyped games to be released this year Gears 2 is the only shooter I can think of off the top of my head. 

It may not have that much diversity yet, but it is getting it.