By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Some 360 and Wii stats based off MetaCritic.

Chadius said:
This thread is completely hilarious.

Professional Reviewers = Upmarket consumers.

Many 360 games = Upmarket
Many Wii games = Downmarket

Of course Professional Reviewers will agree with Upmarket games.

Anyway, back to the lulz.

Yea with all the shovelware wii is getting...

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

Around the Network

@Bingoo

Don't mind Wii chants here...Wii fans outnumber xbox fans like 3 to 1 on the site. Now that Starcraft was banned...360 is pretty much defenseless.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
JaggedSac said:
"Wii: 3982-3539-5418-1048 Brawl: 2664-1863-6511 Kart: 1633-5238-8894 Dr. Mario: 1661-1773-3090" - WTF?? LOL!!

WTF LOL to you too, dick.

Haha i just thought this was funny They really need to fix that it really is terribly bad.

JaggedSac said:
"If you only count EXCLUSIVES 95 and up, Wii has 1 and 360 has none." - WTF?? LOL!!

It's true.  Didn't you start this thread and look at all the numbers?  Every game at 95 or higher on the 360 is a multiplatform game.  I can play your best games without a 360, but you can't get my delicious exclusive Galaxy.

Have fun getting the downloadable content of the game with the HIGHEST RATING THIS GEN, without a 360. Good luck! See i can do it to.

JaggedSac said:
"360 has nothing like Galaxy, Wii Sports, and Wii Fit." - Galaxy is good, Sports is fecal matter on a stick, and WiiFit is similar to a treadmill.

You don't like the 2 most important games of this generation.  That's fine by me.  It doesn't change the fact that they're unique gaming experiences and can only be played on the Wii.  You're the one prancing around bragging about MetaCritic numbers, but disregarding unique gaming experiences you can't play.  I can play your games.  You can't play mine.

You have a 360? Cause if you dont you cant play all the exclusive games so i have no idea why you think the wii is the only console that has exclusive games. Each console has unique gaming experience and by saying that they dont it just brings out the fanboyism 

JaggedSac said:
"You've got the most revolutionary platformer GAMEPLAY-WISE of all time, the most revolutionary motion-controlled sports collection of all time, the most revolutionary balance-measuring game controller and exercise program of all time." - Arcades have had these controls for a while now. Perhaps you should categorize that it is revolutionary to console games.

I'm calling bullshit.  Give me examples of arcade games that play like Galaxy, Wii Sports, or Wii Fit.

Im not going to argue galaxy, but are you kidding me.

There have been balance boards (like wii fit) for how long in games? I mean are you kidding me? Have you never gone to a arcade store and played a game where you need balance? And wii sports? Are you kidding me saying that its revolutionary?

JaggedSac said:
"the most revolutionary balance-measuring game controller and exercise program of all time" - WTF?? LOL!! LOL!! LOL!!

I have a balance board.  There is no controller in the world like it.  What part of "revolutionary" don't you understand?  About 7 games have been announced for it in under a week.  It's outselling the PS3 and getting a lot of support.

What gives, Dick Sandwich here doesn't like new ideas?  WTF LOL LOL LOL!!!
There are plenty. If you have never played a game where you need balance well...
there is nothing revolutionary about it.

disolitude said:
@Bingoo

Don't mind Wii chants here...Wii fans outnumber xbox fans like 3 to 1 on the site. Now that Starcraft was banned...360 is pretty much defenseless.

i can honostly say 6 to 1 at this point.

disolitude said:
@Bingoo

i can honostly say 6 to 1 at this point.

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:
sc94597 said:
Strategyking92 said:

SMS is highly overrated, as much as- say halo 3.

EDIT: this statement is about to attract alot of heat...

I CAN'T WAIT!

YOu mean super mario sunshine right? If so I agree it was the worse mario imo. 

SMS is alright... I meant galaxy though.

Then you will have to explain why you think it's overated. I beleive it's one of the best mario games.

Bingoo said:
this certainly brought all the wii fanboys out and bashing didnt it.

Holy hell.

Its everyones opinion for hells sakes...like the post 3 above me.

Good for you!. Ive still yet to complete SMG and ive hada wii for 6 months now because i find it extremely boring, and ive played AC twice through before finish SMG.
See i can play that too.

Lets just end this right now.

Wii=casual gaming If you like casual gaming, the wii is for you! Also platforming and family!

360=Hardcore gamer, If you like shooters/rpgs/racing and non casual gaming then its for you! Multiplayer? Then its for you!

Nicely put. 

@Sky Render - Interesting thoughts.  But I doubt that as ubiquitous as the Wii has become, there would be less people online that are into it's games.  Perhaps, and you don't have to agree with this, it is because alot of the games are one offs that are trying to cash in on some easy money.  There are great games on the Wii.  But the vast majority are sub-par.

Wii has greater exclusives, that's all it counts. PC is my second console and I can play any game coming out on 360 (AA) better on my PC, with free internet, better controls, etc..

Lots of RPG's are coming to the Wii as well, making it the console of choice for RPGs overall.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Bingoo, I wasn't saying the 360 doesn't have exclusives I can't play. I was saying the Wii has the most exclusives and the most unique and original exclusives.

That pic is from November 2007, and here's the accompanying article: http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=7934

Sauce update from April 2008: http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=8666

It is true Wii has the most exclusives. Nintendo being one of the large publishers attributing to this. But just being exclusive does not make a game good.