By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Some 360 and Wii stats based off MetaCritic.

Thats it! Who let the trolls out from under their bridge?!

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Around the Network

The billy goat.

So 360 has the most games, Wii has the most exclusives, 360 has the highest average rated games (due to having the most games due to the yearlong headstart which they totally wasted), but they're not exclusive and I can get them on my PC.

Since you like playing with metacritic numbers, let's count "good" exclusives, so we won't count exclusive shovelware.

Halo 3 and Forza Motorsport 2 are the only 2 games rated 90 or higher that are exclusive to the 360.

Wii's got Galaxy, Brawl, and Corruption.

BAM, 3 to 2 lead in exclusives over 90.

Exclusives are the only games that affect purchase decisions.

The avrg score for 360 games is highly inflated by the Live arcade games. 30 month of extra time to release games on their network of course will improve the numbers. Majority of WiiWare games were granted good scores recently, so I expect the number of good games to go up considerably.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Actually most of the lowest rated games are Arcade games.

@Rubang - So you have all of the pc/360 exclusives? Lets game brother. I have COD4 for pc. Do you have a pc mic? It is not as fun without other people with a mic.  What kind of PC setup do you have?  What kind games as well?  Just wondering.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
It is true Wii has the most exclusives. Nintendo being one of the large publishers attributing to this. But just being exclusive does not make a game good.

In case you missed it last time, the number of GOOD exclusives (according to metacritic's 75% or higher) is 14 for the PS3, 19 for the 360, and 20 for the Wii. That's as of 3 weeks ago when I figured this out and not counting downloadable games. 

Damn, sorry. No COD4. No mic. And really laggy internet.

I rock Team Fortress 2 every once in a while though. I'm probably gonna upgrade when StarCraft 2 and Spore and Left 4 Dead come out.

Right now I have a Gateway with a Pentium 4 at 3.2 GHz and 512 MB of RAM. I'm not exactly rocking Crysis over here, but it can handle Portal and StarCraft, which is all I really need. I basically only rock Nintendo, Blizzard, and Valve, but 2 of those companies release one game every 500 years and the other releases 500 games every year.

So in order to play the exclusive pc/360 games you would need more ram, probably a better GPU(probably two running dual if you want Crysis level graphics, but you would also need a $3000 rig to get all of that game) and CPU seems alright although you could use dual core. That is a hefty sum of money. So for you to get these 360/pc exclusives(at the level of detail that a 360 can produce) you would have to drop well more than the cost of a 360. You probably wont need to upgrade for SC2 or Spore(I agree this game is gonna rock socks off). Not sure what Left 4 Dead is. Team Fortress 2 is a hollow shell of the original mod for Quake. My father actually created maps for a TF knockoff for Quake 2 called Battle of the Sexes. Portal was pretty good but short and easy. WoW would probably play pretty well on your sys as well. They somehow made that game playable on the lowest of systems.

Left 4 Dead is a new Valve game with teams fighting a zombie invasion.

I'm not much of a hardware dude, but I'm pretty sure I could run everything but Crysis for under a grand.

JaggedSac said:
It is true Wii has the most exclusives. Nintendo being one of the large publishers attributing to this. But just being exclusive does not make a game good.

no but exclusives can only be enjoyed on one console

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"