By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 -- 2.40 UPDATE -- In-GAME XMB WITH SOUNDTRACKS CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!

@iclim4

The 4th Dimension

Kutaragi was always right!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I'm in agreement with BBS on this one, I'll believe it when I see it....or hear it.....or whatever.

Wel, MGS4 users can already have custom soundtracks in the game so.... maybe Sony already gave those tools to the developers?

darthdevidem01 said:
@iclim4

The 4th Dimension

Kutaragi was always right!!

*poops pants*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Wait custom soundtracks as in using music in games? Didn't THQ confirm SvR09 was going to do that months ago?

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Yes! I'll finally be able to rock my Playstation 3 like it's 2005!

These are welcome additions but this has taken way too bloody long.

That and it shows that whatever easily replicatable features that the 360 has, the PS3 will eventually have as well.  HOME, DLC-movies, and eventually leaderboards will be next

bbsin said:
Wel, MGS4 users can already have custom soundtracks in the game so....
?
A MGS game is one of the worst games to put custom sountracks in.
The ingame default music sets the mood and atmosphere of the movie-esque experience(not only is the music appropriate for the setting, the music for a MGS game is also usually very good), the atmosphere can easily be ruined if you choose the wrong kind of music.

It would work for MGO though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

dallas said:
rocketpig said:
Yes! I'll finally be able to rock my Playstation 3 like it's 2005!

These are welcome additions but this has taken way too bloody long.

That and it shows that whatever easily replicatable features that the 360 has, the PS3 will eventually have as well. HOME, DLC-movies, and eventually leaderboards will be next

Then again, we have no idea what Dashboard improvements MS has been up to for the past 6 months. Sony is chasing a sliding scale and unless they start updating XMB faster, MS will always be ahead of them.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Then again, we have no idea what Dashboard improvements MS has been up to for the past 6 months. Sony is chasing a sliding scale and unless they start updating XMB faster, MS will always be ahead of them.

If I recall correctly, there was a rumor of Rare developing a Mii like feature for the 360.

What about those rumored 2D trophies that were supposed to come with 2.4?