By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 -- 2.40 UPDATE -- In-GAME XMB WITH SOUNDTRACKS CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2008/5/29-48

We've finally received word that the long awaited, and much rumored, PlayStation 3 Firmware Update 2.40 is indeed the real deal and is said to be coming relatively soon. Many of the most requested features, such as a universal friends list and in-game messaging will be included, in addition to a few rather nice surprises (*cough*soundtracks*cough*). We definitely can't divulge all of the details, but trust us, it's coming.

We aren't yet 100% sure of the actual release date, but all signs point to sometime in June (MGS4). We're guesing that Sony will probably detail 2.40 in the coming weeks.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

How does this confirm custom sountracks?
Just sounds like wishful thinking to me...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

iclim4 said:
How does this confirm custom sountracks?
Just sounds like wishful thinking to me...
I know right?! lol

Probably on MGSIV launch day (June 12)

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Read the top line fellow humans.....THE TOP LINE!!

Around the Network

Sorry Darth, it's not confirmed unless:
A: Sony says so.
B: I see it for my own eyes.

Yes! I'll finally be able to rock my Playstation 3 like it's 2005!

These are welcome additions but this has taken way too bloody long.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Rock_on_2005!

Wait, did I step into a time-portal of some sort?

Nice features, albeit three years too late.

@DmesiterJ

appreciated nonetheless

DMeisterJ said:
Rock_on_2005!

Wait, did I step into a time-portal of some sort?

Nice features, albeit three years too late.
Three years too late?
More like a different dimension. =P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags?