By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - what if the next final fantasy is bad?

As far as reviews go, after GTA IV's near "flawless victory" (where was the dude shouting "TOASTY!!" ?), I have little faith in the integrity of reviewers as of late.
I did like FFXII, it does not compare to the earlier installments well, not because its terrible, rather because its very different.
FFX-2 however, now that was crap with a capital C, so we do know that SE are capable of making shit games if they set their minds to it.
From all accounts thus far though, it seems unlikely that FFXIII will be rank and putrid like X-2.

Around the Network

um thats a real big if, lol.

Dno,  GTA is a good example.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I am more eager to see Versus than FFXIII personally.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Godot said:
I am more eager to see Versus than FFXIII personally.

Well, Crisis Core wasn't fantastic so I'm not holding out any hope for that either.  It's pretty depressing to be honest.

Around the Network

@shameless

how are they connected?

Verusus is being made by KH people not crisis Core people

VErsus looks ok...not that great

but from all the scans n stuff its FF13 thats standing out the most to me..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@lolita

yeah just like how Zelda:TP got high scores but was so shockingly crap & boring I delayed my wii purchase for over a year

Accept it FF12 was genre evolving JRPG's wise

Many games are copying its combat system (IU is a prime example)

IU's battle system is more like Star Ocean's

What if the next final fantasy is good?

I sure as hell hope that FFXIII isnt like FFXII...that game was/is the biggest letdown for me so far

I miss the old FF style... Turnedbased and random battles... danm western world for screwing it up.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

It would be pretty ironic if it's bad. 13 is considered unlucky, so if it's a bad game and the first main story FF game thats not on the winning console that would be... considered unlucky :O