By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - what if the next final fantasy is bad?

darthdevidem01 said:

FF12 is the 2nd highest rated FF ever....

With reviewers handing out high marks to every big name title that comes out these days, FFXIII could easily top that even if it was a steaming pile of sh*t.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@iclim4

the director fell ill (matsuno)

I think he has recovered now
I've heard he left S-E and planned to do a RPG for the Wii(rumor).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

@iclim4

no matsuno hasn't left them...I don't think so anyway....never liked the guy personally

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Words Of Wisdom said:
darthdevidem01 said:

With reviewers handing out high marks to every big name title that comes out these days, FFXIII could easily top that even if it was a steaming pile of sh*t.

Exactly, it's just because it's called Final Fantasy. If it had another name, the reviewers would give much lower scores to those games.

eventhough im not a PS3 owner, i hope all of Squares games turn out good and sell well. They have done good things in the past, but i havent been too fond of more recent releases. From the looks of it, the PS3 wont ever have games i would like to warrant a purchase... So it doing well means more chances for games on the other 2 consoles.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
lolita said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Exactly, it's just because it's called Final Fantasy. If it had another name, the reviewers would give much lower scores to those games.

but no main series ff game has been a pile of Sh*t.... and each very much so earned those high scores....just look at the sales of the game........ If you dont like the game thats fine but dont blame reviewers for scoring a game that earned its score.

ninja gaiden anyway........

lolita said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
darthdevidem01 said:

or maybe the reviewers actually thought FFXII was a great game

@lolita

yeah just like how Zelda:TP got high scores but was so shockingly crap & boring I delayed my wii purchase for over a year

Accept it FF12 was genre evolving JRPG's wise

Many games are copying its combat system (IU is a prime example)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Name recognition can bring higher scores. The reviewers could have liked the game but it doesnt change that fact.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
Name recognition can bring higher scores. The reviewers could have liked the game but it doesnt change that fact.

If you cant prove it then its not a fact.