By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - what if the next final fantasy is bad?

You mean they pull another X-2 on us? Nothing will happen. It'll just suck to not have a good FF game...

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

Final Fantasy 10 was the best for a while....sooooooo addictive.

Is it coincidence it was the first on the PS2?

The first FF game on the PS3 will be equally amazing

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

At worst, the game will still be rated highly even if the game turned out to be average because of it's technical achievements and polish, we've already seen that happen when FFXII came out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

@shameless

anyways the FF team that did FF1 - FF10 is doing FF13 not the FF tactics team that did FF12

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@shameless

Character/Story development ---- agreed not great....it had some great characters though.... Balthier was awesome

Combat system was a BRILLIANT change

VOICE ACTING was BRILLIANT especially after the horrible voice acting in FF10

And its the only FF that got full marks on Famitsu

Bathier is awesome just because his is being him IMO.

The combat is a good change of pace

FFX's voice acting wasn't bad but it definitely paled in comparison to FFXIIs VA 

Around the Network

final fantasy 13 is gonna be good don't worry man sqaure are taking their time and not rushing it if it was not good it would already be out, reminds me of old saying "making a game is a lot like making love to beautiful woman you gotta take your time and not release too soon"

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

If anything I loved the combat in FF12....it was much less tedious compared to annoying random battles that just don't feel correct in this generation

So far what we've seen of FF13 is that S-E is trying to RECREATE the FF7 magic...

if S-E is CONFIDENT enough to make a whole compilation OVER FF13....then the MAIN game should be turning out to be or aiming to be something magnificent

Cougarman said:
final fantasy 13 is gonna be good don't worry man sqaure are taking their time and not rushing it if it was not good it would already be out, reminds me of old saying "making a game is a lot like making love to beautiful woman you gotta take your time and not release too soon"

If memory serves, FFXII was in development for 5 years.
Though that was more because the Director(?) left midway.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

@iclim4

the director fell ill (matsuno)

I think he has recovered now

Shameless said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@shameless

what direction??

FF12 is the 2nd highest rated FF ever....

The story and character development were terrible even for a JRPG, the combat system was basically a set of algorithms which you choose from a menu and proceed to watch the characters fight battles for you, the extra content/minigames were a series of boring monster kill quests, the world was empty, lifeless, too big and influenced far too much by MMORPGs, the music was unmemorable, voice acting was poor, the game looks like crap played on a HDTV due to the de-interlacing by the PS3... I could go on.

Don't even get me started on X-2 or XI.

X-2 had a deep and fun battle system there was nuthin wrong with that if you enjoyed 10. 11 ive been playing for 2 years and its one of the best games ive ever played.

I have to say i completely disagree with you. If anything the FF series can not out due itself ill say that but that because its one of the if not the best JRPG series ever.

ff12 lifeless???? LOL