By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Guess What? Ubisoft biggest franchise and selling titles!

The Imagine series is going to fly to over 10M units this year, I think. A bunch of new games announced, plus continued great sales for 3 exisiting DS titles.

I think they've overplayed the Petz series now, and are going to need to move towards fewer, more definitive titles if they want to keep it relevant. As it is, the whole series combined can't compete with Nintendogs alone.

Obviously Tom Clancy is the real cash cow, though. Who knows how they haven't killed the franchise yet. Even with the titles remaining fairly good quality, I'd expect the frequency of the titles to be slowly killing the franchise.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

macross said:

Brothers in Arms: 5 million units sold

Far Cry: 4 million units sold

WOW!

I had no idea those two were so big. Both games are mainly PC games that got their console versions much later. BiA is just two games where the PC versions got the hype, good reviews and all the talk. Same with Far Cry, only one game and it's variations on consoles.

I wonder if the guys at Crytek are pissed off. By most speculations Crysis will pass a million copies but not much more.

The numbers for Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia are also very impressive.

EDIT: actually all Ubisoft titles seem to sell a lot more than is reflected in hype, reviews, gaming discussions etc.

If another driver came out exclusive to PS3 it would sell 3 million and push the driver series to 17 million.

coolestguyever said:
If another driver came out exclusive to PS3 it would sell 3 million and push the driver series to 17 million.

With just 3 games above 3 millions and one at 2.8 i´m not so sure...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
macross said:

Brothers in Arms: 5 million units sold

Far Cry: 4 million units sold

I wonder if the guys at Crytek are pissed off. By most speculations Crysis will pass a million copies but not much more.

It had sold a million as of Feb 1st. (granted shipped, but that is what matters to Crytek)

Did BG&E even break a million? I hope the ugly filthy sequel flops even harder than the beautiful beautiful original.

Did I missed something about BG&E 2?

if you add the tom clancys together its the top selling franchise

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Why is Rayman put together (including the Rabbid spin-offs) but not the Tom Clancy series?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.