By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So is it safe to say that Wii won the console war this gen?

@blue ocelot^ Well they did outsell 360 in america right? so its only a matter of time

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Nope,not yet.Unless they attain 50% market share,then yes.

Hmm, just tell me, how do you expect Wii to lose this war? Cuase you say there's still a possibility Wii will not win...

Please answer me.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

koopatrooper said:
no i still think the 360 will win the console war

ROFL, I haven't heard that one in a while.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

yushire said:
@blue ocelot^ Well they did outsell 360 in america right? so its only a matter of time

a matter of time for what,ninty has won this  one

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

The Ghost of RubangB said:
It was safe to say since they started outselling both competitors combined over a year ago. They took the world market in August of 2007 and since then they've been speeding up while both competitors slow down. There is not a chance in hell they'll have anything less than 60% of the market, and who knows how high they'll actually climb. They're building customers out of thin air, while MS and Sony are still looking for old customers and not finding any.
LOL thats too harsh for Sony and MS if true then... 

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Around the Network

So the console war over? HURRAY for Ninty!

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Yes

I always look for a woman who has a tattoo. I see a woman with a tattoo, and I’m thinking, okay, here’s a gal who’s capable of making a decision she’ll regret in the future.

trestres said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

Hmm, just tell me, how do you expect Wii to lose this war? Cuase you say there's still a possibility Wii will not win...

Please answer me.

Current trends are not a reflection of future trends.What's popular today,isn't necessarily popular tomorrow,and their is still a couple more years left for this current gen.Even longer for Sony and the Playstation 3. What the Wii sells.The PS3 can easily sell if the right price was there.who's to say that the Wii wont slow down and that the PS3 wont dominate the market;one year from now.The PS2 appealed to the casuals also.

There is like a 95 percent chance that Nintendo will win the console "War"

Microsoft and Sony both have to pull out some magic fucking rabbits out of their hats to finish first.

Thats where there is going to be a serious "Battle" for the second place, they are both serious contenders.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

*bleu-ocelot* said:
trestres said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

Please answer me.

Current trends are not a reflection of future trends.What's popular today,isn't necessarily popular tomorrow,and their is still a couple more years left for this current gen.Even longer for Sony and the Playstation 3.
Well the Playstation brand was popular in the late 90's till 2005, so does it means that its their turn now? Like you said, "whats more  popular today isnt necessarily popular tomorrow" fits playstation perfectly.

E3 2010- Tape runs out