By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So is it safe to say that Wii won the console war this gen?

*bleu-ocelot* said:
trestres said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Nope,not yet.Unless they attain 50% market share,then yes.

Hmm, just tell me, how do you expect Wii to lose this war? Cuase you say there's still a possibility Wii will not win...

Please answer me.

Current trends are not a reflection of future trends.What's popular today,isn't necessarily popular tomorrow,and their is still a couple more years left for this current gen.Even longer for Sony and the Playstation 3.

Ah, the old "the past and the future are unrelated" argument, which also dictates that although I can't currently fly into space and eat the sun, I just might be able to any day now.

Around the Network
*bleu-ocelot* said:
trestres said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

Hmm, just tell me, how do you expect Wii to lose this war? Cuase you say there's still a possibility Wii will not win...

Please answer me.

Current trends are not a reflection of future trends.What's popular today,isn't necessarily popular tomorrow,and their is still a couple more years left for this current gen.Even longer for Sony and the Playstation 3.

trends dont change midway in to the generation they change at the start of new generation

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
yushire said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
trestres said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

Please answer me.

Well the Playstation brand was popular in the late 90's till 2005, so does it means that its their turn now? Like you said, "whats more  popular today isnt necessarily popular tomorrow" fits playstation perfectly.

Yeah that would be the case,if the PS3 wasn't stunted by its pricepoint(s).Even so,the PS3 continues to sell at a fast pace.So it's still popular,even at a $500/$400 pricepoint.Now if the PS3 was at a $300/250 pricepoint,who do you think would sell more;Nintendo or Sony?

IMO it's far too early. Once one of the platforms reaches a 100 million install base, we can judge how well each platform continues to sell and determine if we have a clear winner or not.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Cougarman said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
trestres said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

Please answer me.

trends dont change midway in to the generation they change at the start of new generation

Then why does the PSP continue to outsell the DS in Japan,midway into the console s generation?

Around the Network
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Cougarman said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
trestres said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

Please answer me.

Then why does the PSP continue to outsell the DS in Japan,midway into the console s generation?

There are 9.52 PSPs in Japan and 22.91 DS'sin Japan.  What's your point?  PSP ain't gonna sell 10 more million in Japan.  They already got served.  They can sell all they want in 2nd-place-land.

If Nintendo sell as many or more (hell even a couple of million less) wii's as Ps3's this generation its fair to say they're the winners!

(It was never gonna be easy to turn around the 98million deficit of the last generation. GC vs Ps2)

I'm pretty sure they'll achieve this from here...

I always look for a woman who has a tattoo. I see a woman with a tattoo, and I’m thinking, okay, here’s a gal who’s capable of making a decision she’ll regret in the future.

*bleu-ocelot* said:
Cougarman said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
trestres said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

Please answer me.

1 in 5 people in japan already has ds it already won, there is no way psp will catch ds, now if wii sales 50-60 million by next summer ps3 would be at 25 -30  million by that time now tell me how will ps3 make that huge gap?

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
The Ghost of RubangB said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Cougarman said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
trestres said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

Please answer me.

There are 9.52 PSPs in Japan and 22.91 DS'sin Japan.  What's your point?  PSP ain't gonna sell 10 more million in Japan.  They already got served.  They can sell all they want in 2nd-place-land.

It just proves my point.The "point" you tried to disprove.That current trends are not a reflection of future trends.*leaves thread....*

*bleu-ocelot* said:
yushire said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
trestres said:

Yeah that would be the case,if the PS3 wasn't stunted by its pricepoint(s).Even so,the PS3 continues to sell at a fast pace.So it's still popular,even at a $500/$400 pricepoint.Now if the PS3 was at a $300/250 pricepoint,who do you think would sell more;Nintendo or Sony?
I KNOW Ninty have a plan to counter this, after all, theyre strategic marketer they already knows what will happen in the future, I think they even know about MS copying  their motion controller. 

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg