By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So is it safe to say that Wii won the console war this gen?

I think core sites/mags should say that Wii won after E3 wether they like it or not right now

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Well unless things drastically change, the Wii looks like the winner. The PS3 has been picking up in sales. I wouldnt brush it off.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

it was safe to say it since last year

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

loadedstatement said:
Well unless things drastically change, the Wii looks like the winner. The PS3 has been picking up in sales. I wouldnt brush it off.

well wii is sitll sold out in america so wiis sales will definitely pick up,i think it wont be stopped this gen

It was safe to say after E3 06.

Around the Network

^yes actually it was safe from that time

no i still think the 360 will win the console war

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Nope,not yet.Unless they attain 50% market share,then yes.

^^you guys serious
it doenst need 50% to win
and how will the 360 win when its selling the lowest from them all

It was safe to say since they started outselling both competitors combined over a year ago. They took the world market in August of 2007 and since then they've been speeding up while both competitors slow down. There is not a chance in hell they'll have anything less than 60% of the market, and who knows how high they'll actually climb. They're building customers out of thin air, while MS and Sony are still looking for old customers and not finding any.