By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox360 attach rate 27% PS3 28% - Xbox360 won GTAIV.

eh hes talking about attach rate saprano1 you fail.

OT, yeah the 360 is doing better then I had expected and I think no sony fan should deny it.

Around the Network
trestres said:
Lol people arguing that attach rate means win...
360 has a bigger install base, that's what counts, as sales were bigger.

Yeah but the op is saying the 360's GTA4 attach rate earns them a victory. We are talking attach rates and no amount of political spin can change the fact that the PS3's attach rate is higher therefore winning in that catagory. But I do agree that it's really all about total sales. 

saprano1 said:
first let me say you just got owned by the user above me(haha) and second the 360 has a bigger installed base in NA what did you expect? world wide its a diffferent story........you fail.

it still has a better attach rate

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Even if the attach ratio was bigger in PS3, Microsoft, undoubtably won the GTA battle. And the victory will be sound and solid when the DLC arrives. I had doubts about this, but since the day I finished GTAIV, the most story driven GTA out there, I have no fear, and I believe that DLC will be at least enjoyable, and it will worth the download. The style of this incarnation of the GTA series, leaves no question about what the content will be, It cant be cars or weapons. I mean, as long as a car lets you do the stunt jump, who gives a s**t what the car is?

I hope, even if the DLC has not new areas, it will be the story of CONQUERING LC!

Yeah, the biggest PS franchize is OWNED by 360! And God, I love it!

You guys are a hoot.

Just wait till Christmas.

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
You guys are a hoot.

because then....santa arrives again?!

zomg i can't wait. 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
PooperScooper said:
You guys are a hoot.

zomg i can't wait. 

Exactly....

(**pst** GTA4 gets released in Japan)

Sure it wont sell millions but we still know what console will be favored(I can see 10% Ps3 and 7% for 360.. which increases the gap for attach ratemore... which is what this thread is about). Also we are 7mil away from the avg GTA sales from last gen. Having been released on different platforms at the same time this time around sales may even increase.

Neos said:
PooperScooper said:
You guys are a hoot.

zomg i can't wait.

Way to contribute. No really, bravo, you really upped the discourse there.

OT: You use faulty math to make a point that is invalid from the start. The PS3's attach rate is 33% compaired to the 360s 28%. So the PS3 clearly wins in that catagory.

Also, why all of the sudden is the fact that the 360 has almost 7 million more people as an installed base and could only outsell the PS3 world wide with GTAIV by 1.3 million units being over looked? Why is this a win for them?

Seriously, it has almost 7 million more people using the console, and it couldnt even outsell the PS3 GTA IV version by double, or even close to double, its currently 5.13 v 3.63 million. Thats with the "Exclusive DLC" for the 360.

I think this is at the best a stalemate, but more along the lines of a loss for Microsoft. Hell, The PS3 outsold the 360 in every region for the 3 weeks after the release of GTAIV and was just now outsold in America by the 360 and it was only by a couple thousand units.

What is this? Starcrafts "Ive been banned" account? I only ever see you post when hes been banned. Either which way this thread fails with faulty math

And whats with this CRAP that GTA is a Sony Exclusive game????? EVERY GTA SINCE III HAS BEEN RELEASED ON A MICROSOFT SYSTEM!!!! (except the ones with Stories tacked onto the title) Everytime you say that, you look like an idiot. Learn that, love it and never forget it.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Even with Japan the 360 version will be ahead at the end of the year.

FaRmLaNd said:
Even with Japan the 360 version will be ahead at the end of the year.

This is about attach rate not total sales.

Ps3 - 27%

360 - 20%

With Japan.