By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox360 attach rate 27% PS3 28% - Xbox360 won GTAIV.

DMeisterJ said:
trestres said:
It's a clear win for MS, GTA sold a lot better on Sony's consoles, now the trend is reversed, and Sony are relevated to a 2º place this time. Doesn't matter what excuse you may come up with, 360 sold more GTA4 copies than PS3 did, and will sell more.

Great loss for Sony, as GTA was always released first on their consoles, now 360 gets the DLC.

Erm...

Six million more consoles out means that it will outsell the PS3 version handidly.  But in Europe, with comprable install bases, it's a different story (PS3 GTA IV > 360 GTA IV).  

I don't get why people constantly compare raw sales over a gross difference in install base.  How could you yield any results that way?  They're skewed in the direction of the console that came out earlier and sold more.

Try again, Trestres

I don't need to try again silly kid, MS became the lead platform for GTA games, you are so blinded by your fanboyism you just come here and talk crap.

Get the hell out and accept GTA is now bigger on 360 than on PS3, perhaps maybe next gen...

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
Xponent said:
All those franchises you mention pale in comparison to GTA. Furthermore, extra missions, islands etc are more significant than extra songs/multiplayer maps. Besides, until we have real evidence, we are all just speculating on the content of DLC. Nevertheless, 50 million dollars is a substantial amount, and I think the extra content will reflect that investment. Like I said earlier, MS didn't advertise DLC, which is a huge oversight, and only makes sense if they plan on doing so later.

Its already out and already been advertised. Everyone knows about it. Everyone that had a console already who wanted it got it. Any advertisments now will be targeting people who own the game not to bring in more consumers.

Furthermore GH3 has a 11mil user base. It hardly pales in comparison with GTA4.

The point I'm making about the GH3, COD4 comparisons is that you are comparing apples to oranges. We don't know what Rockstar intend to release in terms of DLC, but I believe that it will be more substantial than extra songs/multiplayer maps etc, given the 50 million dollar investment.

GTA attracts both casual and hardcore gamers alike. Contrary to your claims, casual gamers don't neccesarily buy games as soon as they are released, and besides, everyone knows that GTA4 will have legs. Gaming enthusiasts like you and me are aware of DLC, but I know of several people (casual gamers) who had no idea about it until I mentioned it to them. Furthermore, amongst the many GTA4 adverts I've seen, there was no mention of DLC, which is a huge oversight, given that it is such a selling point. I know that these examples are anecdotal, but clearly, they contradict your outlandish, speculative exaggerations - "everyone knows about it", "everyone that had a console who wanted it got it" etc.

I've had enough of this argument. Lets agree to disagree, and wait and see what happens at the end of the year. I don't care either way because I don't own an HD console. In your case however, your fanboyism appears to distort an objective evaluation of the situation.

Xponent said:

The point I'm making about the GH3, COD4 comparisons is that you are comparing apples to oranges. We don't know what Rockstar intend to release in terms of DLC, but I believe that it will be more substantial than extra songs/multiplayer maps etc, given the 50 million dollar investment.

GTA attracts both casual and hardcore gamers alike. Contrary to your claims, casual gamers don't neccesarily buy games as soon as they are released, and besides, everyone knows that GTA4 will have legs. Gaming enthusiasts like you and me are aware of DLC, but I know of several people (casual gamers) who had no idea about it until I mentioned it to them. Furthermore, amongst the many GTA4 adverts I've seen, there was no mention of DLC, which is a huge oversight, given that it is such a selling point. I know that these examples are anecdotal, but clearly, they contradict your outlandish, speculative exaggerations - "everyone knows about it", "everyone that had a console who wanted it got it" etc.

I've had enough of this argument. Lets agree to disagree, and wait and see what happens at the end of the year. I don't care either way because I don't own an HD console. In your case however, your fanboyism appears to distort an objective evaluation of the situation.

Maybe the download content isnt big enough to advertise.

You do know it wasn't a 50 mil dollar investment but a lone that most likely has already been paid off.

I also love how you have to discredit me by calling me a fanboy. Ive done nothing to show fanboyism and you cant show me one slight peice of evidence that DLC will have a say in anything.

PooperScooper said:
Xponent said:

You do know it wasn't a 50 mil dollar investment but a lone that most likely has already been paid off.

Don't really follow your first point, but meh.

Yes, I'm aware that the 50 mil was a loan. Nevertheless, it is still meaningful. MS don't just give 50 million dollar loans out to anybody.

PooperScooper said:
Xponent said:

I also love how you have to discredit me by calling me a fanboy. Ive done nothing to show fanboyism and you cant show me one slight peice of evidence that DLC will have a say in anything.

OK, I understand. You think that having exclusive content for one of the "biggest games of this generation" is not worthy of advertising. I'm sure it would be worthy to you if Sony had exclusive content. That's evidence of your bias right there. If MS have any sense whatsoever, they will inform consumers of this huge advantage.

Around the Network
Xponent said:
PooperScooper said:
Xponent said:

OK, I understand. You think that having exclusive content for one of the "biggest games of this generation" is not worthy of advertising. I'm sure it would be worthy to you if Sony had exclusive content. That's evidence of your bias right there. If MS have any sense whatsoever, they will inform consumers of this huge advantage.

If it was just a couple of side missions or some extra cloths or some horse armor then no it wouldnt be big enough to advertise. But of course you have to prove your case with evidence you dont have. Since there is no DLC for Sony you can't comment on how I would react. And it proves nothing.

PooperScooper said:
Xponent said:
PooperScooper said:
Xponent said:

If it was just a couple of side missions or some extra cloths or some horse armor then no it wouldnt be big enough to advertise. But of course you have to prove your case with evidence you dont have. Since there is no DLC for Sony you can't comment on how I would react. And it proves nothing.

Of course I can't prove what kind of impact it will have. But I can twist that around and say that you can't prove that it will have no impact at all, based on the fact that you have no evidence of DLC to go by. Indeed, I'm repeating myself when I say that any discussion on this point is purely speculative. My opinion is largely based on the fact that MS loaned Rockstar a substantial sum of money.

Even if the sales were to end up tied (which wont happen), its still a MS victory, since GTA is doing much better than it ever did on the original Xbox. Microsoft, even if it is behind in attach rate, is still substantially ahead in sales. Like it or not, Microsoft won, and any increase in the future will most likely be on the 360 version, which has downloadable content. This brings people on the fence over to the 360.