By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox360 attach rate 27% PS3 28% - Xbox360 won GTAIV.

well the 360 has done well with GTAIV, there is no denying that.

Even if the PS3 attach rate is higher, the 360 sold more copies of the game. end of story.

Around the Network

Yes microsoft won with GTA sales, but weren't they supposed to sell 2:1 in their favour? At least that is what everyone was saying.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

PooperScoope,
Japan will rise total copies, but will decrease attach rate.

One of my mates bought a 360 just for the DLC. But no that wasn't the major reason for the 360 version selling more. Games that appeal to both the US and Europe in equal measure (like GTA) will inevitably sell better on the 360 due to the larger install base. GTA isn't like pro evolution soccer which only sells in Japan and Europe. If it appeals to NA gamers its most likely going to sell better on the 360.

not too much of a win... MS paid for the exclusive content and they only went out even with the attach rate?

Around the Network

Some people are using faulty math for the attach rate! Fools

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

MattAAron said:
not too much of a win... MS paid for the exclusive content and they only went out even with the attach rate?

They loaned it. They will get it back, at most it will cost them about 5 million due to finance costs.

Tease.

For the love of God, Sony fans who stick to their delusions, are unbelievable.
Just think of this guys. When San Andreas launched someone came and told you, "hey man, the next GTA, will sell 1million more on XBOX, on day one". You (AND I) would laugh at his face and pat him in the head with comprehension for his mental situation. Is it true or not?

And what is said on a post above, the GTA's gap, is numerically bigger than almost ALL LTD sales except bundled games and COD-AC. Go tell the developers.
I mean, these are games (like GTA) who make developers and publishers think, "its all right if I don't make a PS3 game, as long as there is a 360 version out there" But, the opposite is IMPOSSIBLE.

xbox360 oledi gained victory since gta4 was announced not exclusive or timed exclusive in favour of sony ps3

360 was the better version. Good times.