By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubi:PS360 got Prince of Persia & Beyond Good & Evil, Wii got Baby Partyz!!!

Munkeh111 said:

@ WordsofWisdom: Ubi montreal is a massive studio, so different people are responsable for different things, it made Rainbow Six Vegas 2 as well recently, and it also made Asssassins Creed

That isn't good justification for releasing crap.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Munkeh111 said:

@ WordsofWisdom: Ubi montreal is a massive studio, so different people are responsable for different things, it made Rainbow Six Vegas 2 as well recently, and it also made Asssassins Creed

That isn't good justification for releasing crap.

I do agree, it just means that the same people won't necessarily be working Lost and PoP

bardicverse said:
Munkeh111 said:
melbye said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
I do kind of appreciate how no one wants to pin even a fraction of a percent of blame on Nintendo for PUBLICLY STATING they're making a console geared for the CASUAL GAMER. I mean they did say thats the direction they wanted :/ Reap what you sow?

No, Nintendo said they made a console that would geared towards EVERYONE. That means casual and hardcore gamers

Everyone means that it is more focused on the casual gamer than the hardcore gamer, as there is a larger number of potential casual gamers than hardcore gamers

LOL thats one hell of a view of what "everyone" means. I guess by"everyone" has the right to achieve the american dream, they only actually mean "rich white people" then?

Disolitude - Dont throw Deca Sports into shovelware category. There's actually some good stuff in there.

Actually, only 1, Curling. Presentation, ease of use, responsiveness and every other things suck. It is nothing similar to Wii Sports, you can't just pick it up like Wii Sports.

It looks like Summer Sports is better. http://wii.ign.com/articles/870/870553p1.html . It got better score and 2 games are playable.

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

The new RRR game and Red Steel 2 are also coming out for the Wii. Those are going to be two very big games. They might not be your cup of tea, but they are big games for the Wii. Yes, I'd like to see the new PoP on the Wii, but I'm not going to hate Ubisoft for it. People really have been piling it on them alot lately.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

nobody can stop the Babyz!!!

The sad part is a game like this will probably outsell the quality 3rd party Wii titles (zack & wiki, nmh).

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
trestres said:
Ubisoft is a fairly good company, nothing compared to Capcom or Konami, even Assassin's creed got a bunch of low scores. MP3 beats any of those games, specially Halo 3 in terms of a better game, Haze is a D game compared to any good Wii game. The rest I can play them on my PC, well except for resistance, so I really don't care.

If it's Haze like support, I repeat enjoy :D

Erm...

Why are you hating on Ubisoft?  What have they done to you?  No need to downplay a company because they are not supporting your console of choice.  

Assassin's Creed, while not the greatest game on earth is still a very solid (albeit repetitive) game.  Tom Clancy's games have never been better.  The Splinter Cell Series is on it's fifth iteneration, and still going strong, Rainbow Six has evolved into a great first person shooter, culminating in Rainbow Six Vegas.  Ghost Recon has also evolved into a great shooter this generation, and Prince of Persia is one of the most revered game series, and has always gotten high marks for it's games.  

I don't understand how Ubisoft is mediocre, or "fairly good".  So what they published HAZE.  That doesn't say anything about them as a developer, that was publishing.  All they did was hand over money to Free Radical to make/market the game.  Thhat speaks nothing about their development studios.  And if HAZE is the only game that you can bring up that is bad in their library, it speaks volumes about what good a company they are.  

Also, HAZE may be a "D" game to you, but 208k people (first week) disagree with you, and bought the game

I think, moreso that Ubisoft struck a nerve with Wii Fanboys when they decided not to put the new Prince of Persia on the Wii, when you guys just got one a few months ago.  That may be why your post are somewhat bitter, but you're masking that by downplaying Ubisoft as a company.  

EDIT:  

Why are you talking about Halo 3?  That's from Microsoft Game Studios/Bungie.  

Oh my fu**ing God, haven't you read Disolitude post? I WAS ANSWERING HIM and he brought up the HALO issue not me; He also said Haze is AAA compared to any Wii shooter and that's the worst shit I've heard here on VGChartz. You seem like a dumb 2 year old kid that needs to argue for the sake of arguing, besides dont you see that the majority of people who posted here are not happy with Ubisoft, why dont you quote all of them.
Also those good games I can play them on my PC, but I bought the Wii to play some good games on it too and exclusive games that are not crap. Also PoP is coming to the Wii so you just owned yourself.
Now, try again properly DMeister, you can do it!

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:

Oh my fu**ing God, haven't you read Disolitude post? I WAS ANSWERING HIM and he brought up the HALO issue not me; He also said Haze is AAA compared to any Wii shooter and that's the worst shit I've heard here on VGChartz. You seem like a dumb 2 year old kid that needs to argue for the sake of arguing, besides dont you see that the majority of people who posted here are not happy with Ubisoft, why dont you quote all of them.
Also those good games I can play them on my PC, but I bought the Wii to play some good games on it too and exclusive games that are not crap. Also PoP is coming to the Wii so you just owned yourself.
Now, try again properly DMesiter, you can do it!

I was waiting for you to start making stuff up again.

1. You said up there I brought up halo...yet here is where halo specifically appeared in this thread.

trestres said:
Ubisoft is a fairly good company, nothing compared to Capcom or Konami, even Assassin's creed got a bunch of low scores. MP3 beats any of those games, specially Halo 3 in terms of a better game, Haze is a D game compared to any good Wii game. The rest I can play them on my PC, well except for resistance, so I really don't care.

2. I said Haze is a AAA shooter compared to any wii FPS other then MP3. If you can think of better ones feel free to list... All I can think of is Red Steel also done by ubisoft and is much worse than Haze. Yep, wii owners would be huggung themselves had Haze had been a wii exclusive sending Ubisoft Hershey kisses in the mail.

disolitude said:
trestres said:
@Disolitude: Lol, looksl ike I've hit on a fanboy nerve, lmao.
It's my opinion, and I can back it up, they chose to publish Haze, I hope you enjoy it.
Now I really doubt those PoP and BG&E are actually worth money or another Babyz Party/Haze.
Good they avoid Wii, since Wii needs quality games. Enjoy them ;)

I own all 3 systems...I'll enjoy them and whatever good games Wii may get as well.

How do you know Haze is bad? Did you possibly play it? No you didn't ofcourse, you're just repeating what you hear in the media...

The sad thing about Haze is that its getting bad reviews as its being compared to PS360 FPS games, and rightfully so...but at the same time it annihilates any shooter on the Wii other than metroid...which it has easily beat in the graphics department. So Haze compared to halo, bioshock, resistance, FEAR, COD4, Unreal 3 is shit...but compared to any FPS on the Wii...its a AAA game.

Didn't nintendo publish Giest a few years ago...wow, that must mean nintendo is not that good either...LOL! 

What were you saying?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

.....wow, what an insult.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

how can anyone be mad at ubisoft now
there making beyond good and evil 2
even after the first one failed hard even though its great game
they will probably loose money, but a lot of people love them for making a sequel