By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubi:PS360 got Prince of Persia & Beyond Good & Evil, Wii got Baby Partyz!!!

@disolitude

I think what has people upset is that Ubisoft appears to be going soft on its Wii offerings.

Also note that Konami has made 11 Wii games.
You left out Wing Island, Fishing Master, Dewey's Adventure, Kororinpa: Marble Mania, Target Terror, Elebits, and Deca Sports (as well as Critter Roundup on WiiWare)

Your Capcom list is spot on.

The Ubisoft list is leaving out Word Coach ... but that is all I can tell because their US listing is off-line right now.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
mike_intellivision said:
@disolitude

I think what has people upset is that Ubisoft appears to be going soft on its Wii offerings.

You left out Wing Island, Fishing Master, Dewey's Adventure, Kororinpa: Marble Mania, Target Terror, Elebits, and Deca Sports (as well as Critter Roundup on WiiWare)

The Ubisoft list is leaving out Word Coach ... but that is all I can tell because their US listing is off-line right now.

Mike from Morgantown

Thats all shovelware in my opinion(well maybe not fishing master)...I mentioned that I wasn't counting shovelware. Target Terror was a great laugh...but its still shovelware :)

For ubi I left out Pets series...pet cat, dog, pony...as that is just shovelware as well.

mike_intellivision said:
@disolitude

Mike from Morgantown

Actually they got shit load more, Emergency Heroes, The Dog Island, Nitrobike, Cosmic Family, Cranium Kabookii, Petz Horsez 2 , Petz® Dogz® 2 , Petz Catz 2 , My Word Coach. This is not an industry secret, people use Nintendo's platform as a quick cash in and built game in HD console. Undeniably, Wii is really 1/3, 1/6 or even more of the budget for developing HD games. I think many people are not happy with Ubi this time because it ain't Red Steel 2. 

Why I open this thread? Babyz + Party! What the fuck? What the creepiness just come out from the deepest part of your body soul!

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

melbye said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
I do kind of appreciate how no one wants to pin even a fraction of a percent of blame on Nintendo for PUBLICLY STATING they're making a console geared for the CASUAL GAMER. I mean they did say thats the direction they wanted :/ Reap what you sow?

No, Nintendo said they made a console that would geared towards EVERYONE. That means casual and hardcore gamers

Everyone means that it is more focused on the casual gamer than the hardcore gamer, as there is a larger number of potential casual gamers than hardcore gamers

@ WordsofWisdom: Ubi montreal is a massive studio, so different people are responsable for different things, it made Rainbow Six Vegas 2 as well recently, and it also made Asssassins Creed

*sigh.*

I want to be able to stay with one console and save money... but when stuff like this continues happening, it looks like I'll have to buy a 360. =/

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
DMeisterJ said:

Erm...

Why are you hating on Ubisoft? What have they done to you? No need to downplay a company because they are not supporting your console of choice.

Assassin's Creed, while not the greatest game on earth is still a very solid (albeit repetitive) game. Tom Clancy's games have never been better. The Splinter Cell Series is on it's fifth iteneration, and still going strong, Rainbow Six has evolved into a great first person shooter, culminating in Rainbow Six Vegas. Ghost Recon has also evolved into a great shooter this generation, and Prince of Persia is one of the most revered game series, and has always gotten high marks for it's games.

I don't understand how Ubisoft is mediocre, or "fairly good". So what they published HAZE. That doesn't say anything about them as a developer, that was publishing. All they did was hand over money to Free Radical to make/market the game. Thhat speaks nothing about their development studios. And if HAZE is the only game that you can bring up that is bad in their library, it speaks volumes about what good a company they are.

Also, HAZE may be a "D" game to you, but 208k people (first week) disagree with you, and bought the game

I think, moreso that Ubisoft struck a nerve with Wii Fanboys when they decided not to put the new Prince of Persia on the Wii, when you guys just got one a few months ago. That may be why your post are somewhat bitter, but you're masking that by downplaying Ubisoft as a company.

EDIT:

Why are you talking about Halo 3? That's from Microsoft Game Studios/Bungie.

DMJ, do you actually know the full extent of the garbage Ubisoft produces? Puppy Palace? Lost via Dominus? Telly Addicts? Totally Spies? The Dog Island? Those are all in this year and developed (not just published) by Ubisoft.

We have 3 Tom Clancy's ABC games out or announced for this year alone. Can you say milking the franchise?

The new Prince of Persia game coming? By the same development studio that did Lost Via Dominus for PC/PS3/360 and Far Cry Vengeance for the Wii. If you've played either, you'll understand my skepticism. I've also never been impressed with the PoP series itself. It's okay, but it always feels unpolished.  The games are usually acceptible (except for the Wii PoP game which is crap IMO), but they're not great.

I also can't believe you'd put Ghost Recon and great in the same sentence. Ghost Recon games have never been anything short of stunningly mediocre. They're not the shooters people will remember in 10 years or even 3.

More and more Ubisoft is showing itself to be a developer of mostly shovelware with a few good titles here and there.

Erm.

I'm not saying that Ubisoft is the greatest or anything, but Trestres kept on bringing up HAZE while neglecting the rest of their lineup of games.  I admit I was very loose with the terminology of GRAW, but I think that their library of games is still very, very good.

Haze really isn't that bad of a game.
The main story kinda sucks yeah.
But the multiplayer is amazing and has some really good maps ( some bad ones too..).......when you can manage to stay collected to frigging DemonWare servers...

FIX YOUR POS servers Ubisoft !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Munkeh111 said:
melbye said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
I do kind of appreciate how no one wants to pin even a fraction of a percent of blame on Nintendo for PUBLICLY STATING they're making a console geared for the CASUAL GAMER. I mean they did say thats the direction they wanted :/ Reap what you sow?

No, Nintendo said they made a console that would geared towards EVERYONE. That means casual and hardcore gamers

Everyone means that it is more focused on the casual gamer than the hardcore gamer, as there is a larger number of potential casual gamers than hardcore gamers

@ WordsofWisdom: Ubi montreal is a massive studio, so different people are responsable for different things, it made Rainbow Six Vegas 2 as well recently, and it also made Asssassins Creed

LOL thats one hell of a view of what "everyone" means. I guess by"everyone" has the right to achieve the american dream, they only actually mean "rich white people" then?

Disolitude - Dont throw Deca Sports into shovelware category. There's actually some good stuff in there. 

DMeisterJ said:

Erm.

I'm not saying that Ubisoft is the greatest or anything, but Trestres kept on bringing up HAZE while neglecting the rest of their lineup of games. I admit I was very loose with the terminology of GRAW, but I think that their library of games is still very, very good.

I think their overall library is poor but that you can find some pretty good games in it.

Of course, I'm sure Ubisoft developers aren't happy with it either.  How would you like to be told you're going to be building a game like Baby Partyz? 

bardicverse said:
Munkeh111 said:
melbye said:
ChronotriggerJM said:

LOL thats one hell of a view of what "everyone" means. I guess by"everyone" has the right to achieve the american dream, they only actually mean "rich white people" then?

Disolitude - Dont throw Deca Sports into shovelware category. There's actually some good stuff in there. 

What! Everyone means that they want to expand their potential market, and the best way to that is to focus on casual gamers more than hardcore gamers, because there are more of them, it is simple. Of course they will cater for the hardcore in some way, but the Wii is targeted at the mass market, and more than just the hardcore gamers